Buy Deli Meat and Cheese Ends

Whenever I go shopping, I notice how expensive lunchmeat is. My son LOVES cheese (cheese sandwich for lunch, cheese with dinner, cheese as a snack), and it really runs up the bill. Before I go to the deli, I'll run by the little cases they have around the deli (check all of them), and I see if they have any packaged "cheese ends". Last time I shopped, I bought two HUGE packages.

A lot of times, they are larger chunks, but you can make them work in sandwiches, and you'll also find slimmer slices mixed in with the larger ones. I usually buy a few packages of these, and one pound of regular sliced cheese. I use the cheese ends whenever I need to melt cheese for something, or am running out, and they are much cheaper than deli prices! I've also bought turkey ends for hot turkey in gravy, and bologna ends for my boyfriend's sandwiches.

By Jacqueline

Answers:

Buy Deli Meat and Cheese Ends

These ends can be frozen for later use such as extending pasta salad, appetizers etc. (05/31/2005)

By kelleno

Buy Deli Meat and Cheese Ends

If you shop at Sam's, they have very good deals on deli cheese. (06/01/2005)

By Holly

Buy Deli Meat and Cheese Ends

Some cheeses freeze better than others. Some will crumble after they're thawed which makes them impossible to cut, but perfect for melting, just experiment. You can try serving the cheese cubes for a snack with some pretzels and hot mustard to dip them in. Cheese and crackers. Cheese and grapes or other fruit? It will make the cheese last longer by not having so much at one sitting. Cheese contains too much salt and fat to eat so much in one day, anyway. This is from a cheese-a-holic, love cheese, but enjoy the variety platter snacks, too. So do the kids. (06/08/2005)

By kidsNclutter

Buy Deli Meat and Cheese Ends

Deli turkey ends make great turkey salad! (03/02/2009)

By Jeannie

Stack of Cheeses
Saving Money on Cheese
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
New York Cheesecake
New York Cheesecake Recipes
🎉
🎄