Buy Extra Bread and Freeze

Saving time is saving money, and that means less trips to the grocery store to pick up a loaf of bread. I buy six loaves of bread at a time and put the in my freezer.

Bread placed on the counter to thaw will be soggy on the bottom and will get hard and unusable.

The big secret is, when you remove a loaf from the freezer, place it on a dish rack, or across a cooling rack of some sort so the air can circulate beneath the loaf. When it is thawed, it tastes like it is right out of the oven.

By Clynn A. from Inglis, FL

Answers:

Buy Extra Bread and Freeze

Do you leave the bread in the bag or take it out to thaw? I've not had good luck with freezing my bread! thanks (08/28/2009)

By HalfWhit

Buy Extra Bread and Freeze

I love your idea about buying extra bread but the biggest secret is in how you freeze the bread in the first place. It's best to freeze and thaw bread tightly wrapped in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and then thaw still wrapped whether on the counter (about four to six hours) or in the fridge (about twelve hours). The reason bread gets soggy after thawing is because it was placed in the freezer in a bag and water/ice granules end up collecting inside the bag because there's air in it. If you've already frozen it in a bag just be sure to remove it from the bag and wrap tightly in the foil or wrap before thawing :-) Hope this helps :-) (08/28/2009)

By Deeli

Buy Extra Bread and Freeze

I do this all the time and never have trouble with soggy bread. I just leave the bags of bread in the plastic sack that I got them in and put it in my freezer. Or if I don't have room, I put them on the door of my fridge freezer. I don't do anything special to thaw them out. I don't leave them in there forever though, maybe a month at the most. (08/29/2009)

By wendiesioux

Freeze Extra Bread For Later
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Mango on white background with leaves.
Freezing Mangoes
Sliced banana bread on a cutting board.
Freezing Banana Bread
🎉
🎄