Buying Essential Oils at a Good Price

Can someone tell me where to buy the essential oil at a good price? All of the sites that I have checked are very expensive. Also, do you add water to the alcohol and essential oil when making the Berger lamp fuel?

Linda from Thayer, MO

Buying Essential Oils at a Good Price

It sounds like you are looking for a source from the internet, but recently I have found some good essential oils at the dollar store by us, so if you are in a location near any dollar stores, that may be an idea for you. (12/14/2005)

By Kersti

Buying Essential Oils at a Good Price

Here is a recipe for using fragrance oils in your lamp.

• 16 fluid oz. isopropyl alcohol 91% vol. (473 ml). (Do not use "ethyl" or any other type of alcohol.)

• .3 oz. of fragrance oil (8.86 ml), this equals to 1 3/4 teaspoons.

• Add more oil if you want a stronger scent. Try adjusting by increasing fragrance oil at .1 oz. increments.

I buy some of my oils at Walmart. My friend only uses one scent in her lamp, and she buys it on eBay. Try searching for fragrance oil.

By mkymlp

Buying Essential Oils at a Good Price

Please make sure whether you are buying fragrance oils or essential oils; they are different. Fragrance oils are chemically made and essential oils are derived from plants. There are restrictions in using some essential oils in products for children, pregnant women, persons with heart problems, etc. I use both in the soap I make, but make sure to add any necessary precautions. (12/20/2005)

By Sally

Dropper with a single drop on the tip over an amber bottle against green folliage background
Buying Essential Oils
Lavender Essential Oil
Using Essential Oils
Homemade perfume in a glass bottle.
Homemade Perfume Recipes
Buying a Used Boat, A boat on a trailer.
Buying a Used Boat
Black laptop on a white background.
Buying a Laptop