Buying Ivory Soap in the UK

I posted a request on TF for tips on cleaning grime off a cream leather suite, Ivory soap came up more than once. Could anyone tell me what this is? I live in the U.K. and maybe it comes under another name. Many thanks.

By h.arnott from U.K.

Buying Ivory Soap in the UK

Ivory is a plain bar soap that's been around forever. Here's a quote from their website:

"For more than a century, Ivory Bar Soap has been known for its purity, versatility, and ability to float. It's consistency and quality have made it an indispensable product in American homes. Many Americans grew up with Ivory Soap in their home and images of Ivory on their televisions and radios. As a result, Ivory's light scent and memorable slogans evoke fond memories of simpler times."

It's a basic, ordinary, everyday soap. Nothing special. I'm sure you have something similar in the UK. Hope it works for you. (12/07/2009)

By OliveOyl

Buying Ivory Soap in the UK

Ivory soap is also available as a dish soap and liquid hand soap. Here's a link about its history:

And here's a link where you can contact Proctor and Gamble (the manufacturer) to find out where you can purchase it in the UK or where to be able to purchase it online: (12/09/2009)

By Deeli

Buying Ivory Soap in the UK

Laundry products are named Ivory Flakes and Ivory Snow. Here in the U.S.A. we use them for washing baby clothing because they are gentle. I believe they are soap rather than detergents.

The same company makes a liquid dish washing detergent called Ivory liquid (I think) and a gentle, white bar soap with the name Ivory. The bar soap leaves a residue that doesn't rinse off well.

Maybe you can do a web search under the name "Ivory" to see if you can purchase it. The bar soap is inexpensive. (12/10/2009)

By Carol in PA

Buying Ivory Soap in the UK
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale