Buying Ivory Soap in the UK

A white bar of soap.
If you live in the UK it may be more difficult to acquire Ivory soap. This is a guide about buying Ivory soap in the UK.

I was reading someone's request in regards to cleaning a half leather couch. I also have a cream coloured half leather couch and find that in the cracks the dirt seems to be worse even though it is wiped down weekly. It was suggested to use Ivory soap, as I live in the U.K, could anyone tell me what this is? Maybe there is a substitute I can buy here. Many thanks.

By Helen from U.K

Best Answer

Ivory soap is nothing special. It's a white, cheap, mild soap that's been around forever. I'm certain you will find a substitute in Old Blighty. You can visit Ivory dot com and it will give you an idea of the product. Hope that helps.

I posted a request on TF for tips on cleaning grime off a cream leather suite, Ivory soap came up more than once. Could anyone tell me what this is? I live in the U.K. and maybe it comes under another name. Many thanks.

By h.arnott from U.K.

Answers:

Plain Bar Soap

Ivory is a plain bar soap that's been around forever. Here's a quote from their website:

"For more than a century, Ivory Bar Soap has been known for its purity, versatility, and ability to float. It's consistency and quality have made it an indispensable product in American homes. Many Americans grew up with Ivory Soap in their home and images of Ivory on their televisions and radios. As a result, Ivory's light scent and memorable slogans evoke fond memories of simpler times."

It's a basic, ordinary, everyday soap. Nothing special. I'm sure you have something similar in the UK. Hope it works for you.

By OliveOyl

Ivory Flakes and Ivory Snow

Laundry products are named Ivory Flakes and Ivory Snow. Here in the U.S.A. we use them for washing baby clothing because they are gentle. I believe they are soap rather than detergents.

The same company makes a liquid dish washing detergent called Ivory liquid (I think) and a gentle, white bar soap with the name Ivory. The bar soap leaves a residue that doesn't rinse off well.

Maybe you can do a web search under the name "Ivory" to see if you can purchase it. The bar soap is inexpensive.

By Carol in PA