Buying Must Have Toys

A mom and her daughter shopping for toys.
Every year there are certain toys that kids just "must have" especially around Christmas time. This is a guide about buying must have toys.

If there's a "Must Have" toy on your child's Christmas list that you've decided to purchase, here's a strategy to make sure it's under the tree Christmas morning.

I buy the high priority, must have toys now before the holiday rush. Store your receipt in the bag with the toy. If the toy goes on sale in the next 90 days (Christmas is only 47 days away), you can return the full priced toy, as long as you have the receipt, and purchase the discounted toy.

If the sale is at the same store that you purchased it at full price, take your receipt to the Customer Service desk and ask for a price adjustment. The store will usually do it. If not, explain to them you will return the full price toy and re-purchase it at the sale price. This creates more paperwork and uses more manpower for the store than a price adjustment.

Using this strategy, the kids' Christmas wishes come true and you save money.

By Cheryl from Missouri

In response to this article, I would like to say that I have never tried this with toys bought with this in mind, but I have bought something at Walmart, and the next week or two it went on sale. When I tried to take it back, they would only allow for the sale price. But this probably works at other stores.

nelrene phillips

Excellent Money Saving Idea!