Buying Zote Soap

Buying Zote Soap
Zote soap is often used for cleaning laundry as an ingredient in homemade laundry soaps. There are a number of places where you can purchase Zote. This is a guide about buying Zote soap.

Where do you buy ZOTE soap?

Lana

We have a high latino population, and all of our stores carry it; Price cutter, save-a-lot, dollar general, even our walmart (which may be your best bet).

I found it at biglots for 80 cents a bar.

I found Octagon soap too but had to get it online.

I live in the south east USA and I get Octagon Soap at Wal-Mart supercenter for $.97. Our little home town Bi-Lo carries Zote soap for$.99. I just had to keep looking, near the bottom of the shelf. It seems like the big bright bottles overpower the individual bars of soap; so they're hard to spot!

I live in MI and my VG's store manager ordered it in for me. .57 a bar was a really great deal I thought.

I find Zote pink ir white at Walmart in Alcoa Tn. I use it for homemade laundry detergent when I run out of my soap. Fels Naptha works just as good as Zote, main thing is the difference in scent. Save lots of cash making your own laundry detergent. Put soap in frig, remove grate entire bar in cheese grater. Transfer to food processor.

Add 2 cups arm & hammer super washing powder (walmart) and 2 cups 20 mule team borax (walmart). Run processor long enough that grated soap is reduced to granular consistency. Store in a large plastic container thats airtight. In a super size load of regularly dirty laundry I use 2 Tablespoons of mix. If filthy I would use a bit more. Clothes come out clean with not much fragrance unless you add scent while processing. Clothes are soft even without fabric softener or dryer sheets.

I have used this combination for years and have never been embarassed by that stinky clothes smell. And thinking of the money I save plus removing harmful oil based chemicals from my everyday life, I can clearly see I come out ahead. I hope this info sparks someones interest. Thanks for reading.

Does anyone in northern Oakland county in MI know where I can find Zote soap? I have checked Dollar General. I am willing to drive some to find it. Thanks so much!

Nicki from MI

Answers:

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Well, I am from Georgia but recently I was very surprised to find some at Big Lots - sometimes the older/smaller grocery stores like IGA. Might look it up on the internet and contact the company - they might let you order some via mail! (05/05/2008)

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

You can buy Zote soap at all SAVE-A-LOTS grocery stores, and also on the internet. Just put in the name of the soap you want. You'll also find FELS-NAPTHA, which is great just like zote. Hope this helps. (05/05/2008)

By bonnie

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Look in a Hispanic grocery store, they carry Zote soap. (05/05/2008)

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Ebay store at mexcandy. They have a real good deal with flat rate shipping box, and I also found white Zote there. (06/01/2008)

By ron

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found mine at the Dollar General Store, but not in the soap aisle. By the groceries they have a small Hispanic section where they stock it. (06/09/2008)

By jlee

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found both kinds of Zote Soap (pink & white) at my local Compare Foods Store here in Long Island, NY. This store mainly carries Hispanic groceries. Hope this helps. (06/10/2008)

By Reba

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I just got 2-bars at Kmart in North Plainfield, NJ for .86 cents each. Have you tried a K-Mart near you? (06/11/2008)

By Bravo

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found some for 80 cents at Big Lots in Garland, TX...it was 97 cents at Wal-Mart. (08/11/2008)

By Amie

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I have found that international grocery stores carry Zote soap. (08/13/2008)

By OJ

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Big Lots or your local Latino grocery store. (08/31/2008)

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found zote soap at K-Mart in New York City in Manhattan. (11/19/2008)

By ransy

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

They have it here in NC at Target. (12/18/2008)

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

At Super Happy Dollar Store on Baldwin Ave, just south of Walton Ave in Pontiac. I went there on 12-29-08 and they stock it all the time, and they had 5 of each white and pink. Enjoy! greydoxie (12/29/2008)

By greydoxie

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Target has it, I bought it yesterday. (01/28/2009)

By mary

Where can I buy ZOTE soap for making laundry soap?

Thanks,

Annie from Lewiston, ME

Answers:

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Found a link for Zote here:

http://www.mexgrocer.com/7255.html

Also, this is a popular link for those hard to find laundry soap making products.

http://www.soapsgonebuy.com/ (04/13/2006)

By wendiesioux

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Zote used to be sold at Walmart, but is now discontinued in the Cleveland, Ohio stores. It may be available in your area Walmart. It is also sold at Dollar General for a buck. I love Zote. (04/13/2006)

By maryc

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Could you post the recipe you have for using Zote to make laundry soap? TIA,

Rebecca (04/13/2006)

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

You can buy it on line at Mexgrocer.com. It comes in a pink 14oz bar for $1.35 or $13.50 for 12 bars. Or search for it on google.com. (04/14/2006)

By Dean

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

My local grocery store and Dollar General both carry it. It's cheaper at my grocery store though at about .69 for a huge bar.

As for a recipe I grate 2 bars of soap to about 4 cups of borax and 4 cups of washing soda. At only 2 tablespoons a load, this huge batch will last quite awhile. (04/15/2006)

By halloweenfreak

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I was just at Stater Bros grocery store and remember the name and I had read it here, so I saw it in the laundry aisle and bought it. Now I am going to click the link about making your own laundry soap. It was only 59 cents for a big 14.1 oz bar! (04/21/2006)

By freedombelle2001

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I bought some at WalMart. (05/09/2006)

By J Newman

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I could not find ZOTE in my local Walmart.
Does anyone know where you can buy it in Canada?

TIA

Pam (04/03/2007)

By TWPam

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found it at Kmart. .79 cents a bar. (04/18/2007)

By TerryS

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found it at the local Big Lots for $0.70 for a 14.1oz (400g) bar. (06/09/2007)

By Cubey

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I found mine at walmart here in Colorado. (07/05/2007)

By Jeanie

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Where can I buy zote soap,I live in Clinton, AR. zip 72031 (07/22/2007)

By Thomas Lee

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Found mine at superwalmart in Oldsmar, FL (08/10/2007)

By t

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Found some at King Soopers for 1.39 and also found some at Big Lots for .70! (09/05/2007)

By Mommyof3

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

From me

http://stores.ebay.com/Fish-n-ThingsDirect?refid=store
(11/12/2007)

By Jeanne.

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I sell Zote Soap on eBay everyday of the week. Please check out my store.

(11/12/2007)

By Jeannes

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

I'm about to travel and was looking in Target to see if they had any sort of "travel size" laundry detergent. I saw Zote pink bar and was curious enough to buy it since it's so cheap. It doesn't come with any instructions, ergo, I'm searching online for any help. I guess I'll just try it out on my clothes and see what happens. :P Anyhow, my point in posting was to say that Target (in Southern California at least) has Zote Pink. (12/24/2007)

By Ben Yu

ZOTE soap?

Where in Chicago can I buy Zote soap (01/12/2008)

By baabaa62

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Dollar General! (02/05/2008)

By sewmuchmore

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Target! (02/09/2008)

By Joesnowman

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Where I can buy Zote Soap in Houston TX? (03/06/2008)

Where can I buy ZOTE soap?

Zote soap is about to be discontinued according to our Dollar Store (it was on their list). So buy quickly. (05/01/2008)

By ShirleyJ