Calculating Weight Watchers Point Totals

Category Dieting
Weight Watchers Help Scale
One of the various Weight Watchers diet plans is based on a daily and weekly points system. This is a guide about calculating Weight Watchers point totals.

Is this correct? On the old Weight Watchers program you were allowed between 18 and 25 points a day plus an extra 30 per week?

By Cindy

I'm pretty sure it was 35 weekly points. And your daily points were calculated following the steps on this site. http://www.ehow  hers-points.html

Points allowed are dependent on your current weight. They will vary form person to person.

I am a 70 year old woman and am 5'3". I recently joined weight watchers and they gave me a points total of 29. When I went to the sight that Ashleezona suggested, and figured it, it said I should only have a total of 22 points. Maybe that is why I lost a negligible amount with the 29 points. They maybe have figured wrong. I didn't pay out any money for the next month because I just could not afford a program that was not working for me. I was in a month and they never did give me a suggested weight goal either. I was not impressed with it at all.

The new weight watchers has a higher point value but the foods are also higher points, I think it allows for a more exact point to calorie etc. I used the old one years ago and am doing the new one now and lose weight just fine on the higher allowed points.

No, it is 35 flex points to be used at one time or divided up. The points go as follows

Weight. Points

Less than 150lbs. 20

150-175. 22

175-200. 24

200-225. 26 etc. But to be honest if you want to loose the weight I would rarely use the flex points. I've used weight watchers for years uslosing 20 lbs the first month the first time strictly following the points and doing at least 30 min of card a day. And after my last two pregnancies to lose all of my weight with in 12 weeks. I had c sections so couldn't do anything the first 6 weeks. I have never regained the weight unless pregnant. Good luck:)!

I've been in WW since november 29 and have lost a total of 25.2# to date. My total points is 29 + an extra 49 points for the week. If you follow the program, keep track of your points it does work. I don't like paying out the money to belong either, but right now it keeps me accountable. It works if you work it.

Well I never used the flex points. I went over my 29 points just once. Being the age I am, I think it makes a dif. I walk every day, don't do cardio but you would think that would be enough to make me lose just a little. I think I was eating pretty much like WW says to before I joined so I couldn't justify the $40 for it. I am thinking of joining TOPS. The organization is much cheaper and mainly offer support and I think you get points and recipes too.

Back when I was raising kids, I was slender immediately after having a baby. I had my twins c-section too and had no problem with my weight but now that I am 70, it is a constant struggle. I am not terribly overweight......some people would say I am not over weight at all but I don't like to look at myself! lol

Laniegirl, Please give it another try somewhere else. They don't give you a weight goal. You are suppose to decide that for yourself. Everyone is different and works at a different pace so they don't want to give you something you don't think you can handle. I am very over weight and I used to go to WW but my job hours got cut back a whole lot so I can't afford to go any more. I had lost almost 30 pounds when I was going. I picked my first weight goal at 30 pounds and when I reached that one I was going to set my goal at 25 pounds for the next time. I wanted to do a little at a time. I felt this would help me and not scare me off.

Teresa, I am in the same boat as you as far as not being able to afford it so to me it was not worth the money. The nearest one is also 20 miles away and gas keeps going up so I am going to try TOPS possibly. They only charge $26 a year and a very nominal fee each meeting. They don't charge you if you miss meetings. Things must have changed about setting goal weights by your leader. My friend, when she was in it had a goal weight set for her. She could choose to ignore it if she wanted to and do her own thngs.

I totally believe in Tops! I was a Tops leader back in the mid 80's and lost 35 pounds, was at goal weight then. They are much cheaper and have more great information. Good Luck!

I am looking for the quick start meal planner sheet, not the diet plan but the sheet where you check off the allowed amount of water, breads, proteins, fats, milk, etc. per day? It gave us room/space to write in the food items eaten for each meal. Thanks if you can help.

By Ariela from Mi

Answers

Try this link and see if it's there: https://www.pin  tchers-planners/

Abigale Sorry I am just now seeing this.. I did look on Pinterest but it isnt there.. any other idea where I might find it? Thanks.

I am looking for the materials for the Weight Watchers Flex Points program?

By Alison from Daytona Beach, FL

Check your library. Years ago I know there was a book out that listed them.

You could also try Craiglist or Ebay.

Don't bother with Ebay. Weight Watchers have their folks monitoring that site. I tried to sell one of my slide points calculators one time and they pulled it and then sent me an email saying they were the only ones with the"right" to sell WW materials! I haven't seen anything like it one Craigslist either.

Does anyone know of a site for the old Weight Watchers point system where I can obtain points for food? I already use Dotties website, but I can't find what I am looking for, one piece of turkey lunch meat and turkey kolbassi.

By Heidi

If you have a site that gives you most of the info you need try the search engine http://www.similarsites.com/

Turkey kielbasa is 2 points for 2 ounces, turkey lunch meat is 1 slice is 1 point.

I have a set of the books I'd be willing to part with.

Gem

Does anyone where I can get a copy of the original Weight Watchers Food Companion Points book? I think it was published in 1997 and was a little smaller than the later books.

By Toni from Decatur, IN

toni, I have the complete copy of 123 success, which includes all the points. If you want to e-mail me and I will see how much the postage is. cinnamon