Can I Give Milk Of Magnesia To My Dog?

Can I administer a dose of milk of magnesia to my 80lb Irish Setter?
He is constipated and is straining when he tries to eliminate.

Charles from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Can I Give Milk Of Magnesia To My Dog?

Yes, you can give MOM to your dog. My veterinarian husband says 1 teaspoonful and don't be surprised if you wind up wearing half of it! (06/30/2008)

By Glenn'sMom

Can I Give Milk Of Magnesia To My Dog?

He might need his prostate examined, especially if he isn't neutered. Sometimes an enlarged prostate is a cause of straining. Sometimes urinary tract infections can look like straining to defecate, too. (06/30/2008)

By junebug_000

Can I Give Milk Of Magnesia To My Dog?

Yes. You can also give Pepto Bismol. Also I give my dogs human Benadryl and aspirin and vitamin C. All of these things have been OK'd through my vet for different ailments. Good luck! (07/01/2008)

By Stephanie

Can I Give Milk Of Magnesia To My Dog?

The safest thing and quick is a tablespoon of oil and for daily maintenance of fresh ground flax seed or flax oil (more costly). Dogs like and can eat carrots and other veges for fiber. DO NOT give doggy anything with xylitol as a sweetener. It is poisonous to dogs.
(07/01/2008)

By momo5

Can I Give Milk Of Magnesia To My Dog?

My vet suggested canned pumpkin for my 26 lb Jack Russell Terrier. She said it has the needed fiber that will relieve constipation. (07/01/2008)

By Deern

Can I Give Milk Of Magnesia To My Dog?

I use 2 tbsp of pure can pumpkin once a day, until better. It works great and is very safe for them. (07/01/2008)

By Jessica

Can I Give Milk Of Magnesia To My Dog?

It would be a good idea to get your dog vet checked before you do anything. There could be an obstruction of some kind and you could make it worse! (07/01/2008)

By catastrofy

Basset Hound with first aid kit and stethoscope
Can I Give Milk of Magnesia to My Dog?
Almond Milk
Using Almond Milk
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
🎉
🎄