Can a Crock Pot Liner Be Used in the Oven?

Can a crock pot (slow cooker) ceramic liner be used in a regular oven?

Holly from Richardson, TX

Answers:

I would read the fine print on the directions. They may not be suitable for the higher temperatures in the oven. You could use oven bags, the larger ones would probably fit in the crock-pot.

Do you really need the liner? I have never had anything stick to my crock-pot that a bit of a soak wouldn't get off. (02/26/2008)

By Jilson

I assume that what you are referring to as a liner is the ceramic pot and lid from the crock pot. I often use the ceramic pot and lid from my slow cookers directly in the oven, just like a large casserole dish. I've never tried them on really high temperatures, but I often use them at 350 or 375 degrees, and I've never had a problem. (02/26/2008)

By tsiegl

Be careful about using the clear top of the crock-pot liner in your oven. The ceramic pot part should be fine. Use uncovered, or cover with foil. I used mine in the oven at 350 degrees, and the handle on top softened and came off. My husband was able to add a replacement handle, saving the crock-pot. (02/27/2008)

By jean

Yes they can, in fact they are great in the oven, because of the construction (clay) the heat is equally spread out. If the lid has a metal handle with NO rubber washers in between the handle and the glass, it too can be used otherwise. Just use tin foil that's wrapped around the top edge to form a tight seal. (02/27/2008)

By Ted Norris

Holly, are you referring to the actual ceramic pot from the Crock Pot, OR the highly heat-resistant plastic baggie liners that they sell to go inside the Crock Pot's ceramic pot? Just wondering. (02/27/2008)

By Karen

I am referring to the actual ceramic insert for the crock-pot. (02/27/2008)

By cookwie

I put mine in the oven and used low heat. Worked ok, but, it's such a heavy ceramic that it seemed to bend the oven rack a little. (11/27/2008)

By cookwie

Panty Liners
Cleaning a Stuck Panty Liner From Clothing
simmering crock pot
Cleaning a Crock Pot
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 18, 2016 at 1:26:41 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 991 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.