Candle Wax Stains on Clothing

I knocked over a red candle (a whole lot of wax!) on my white Hollister shirt (100% cotton) can any1 help save my shirt!

Tyler from Kentucky

Answers:

Candle Wax Stains on Clothing

I used to work detailing cars and used a liquid degreaser to totally remove melted crayons from light colored upholstery. Try Penzoil degreaser from any Walmart or auto supply place. Put some in a spray bottle and spray on the cloth rub it in and keep rubbing it with a clean rag. Keep turning the rag so you are blotting what the liquid is dissolving. Wax is grease and this dissolves grease. hope this helps, nancy (01/23/2007)

By nancy

Candle Wax Stains on Clothing

The best idea is the wax paper with the iron. I have done it that way with no problems. If it is a lot of wax you might have to change the wax paper and repeat the steps, but this really works. (01/24/2007)

By Joyce

Candle Wax Stains on Clothing

If the stain is wet, get the wax wet and rub it with the tip of your finger nail. At least it worked for me (08/19/2007)

By miss america

Candle Wax Stains on Clothing

I tried the tip with the hair dryer. The results are phenomenal! The candle wax stain came of in no time! (10/10/2007)

By Genesis

A green candle that is burning.
Cleaning Wax from Clothing
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎉
🎄