Candle Wax off the Wall

I have read everyone's miracle cures for red candle wax on the wall, with the hair dryer and the Sol-U-Mel. I tried both and nothing is working! I even had my landlord paint over the stain but it has seeped through the paint. Now there are still faint red marks from the wax stain on my wall! If I try the hairdryer again now at this point, will it work better than before? Can someone please help!

Sarah from New York, NY

Answers:

Candle Wax off the Wall

I find that 1 part mustard to 2 parts sulfuric acid works wonders when applied to a wall with a ducks feather. Even got rid of our Hanukkah candle stains from what we refer to as "Black Sabbath Sunday". (03/28/2008)

By Daddy Maz

Candle Wax off the Wall

I am trying to remove red candle wax from my wall. I just tried the blow dryer and then used the Magic Eraser and it worked! So blow dry the stain and then scrub. (04/11/2008)

By Csvallin

Candle Wax off the Wall

So.. my girlfriend spilled a candle in the bathroom on three surfaces .

1. The Wall - Solution: Hair dryer and paper towels.
  2. The Tiled Floor - Solution: Hair dryer and paper towels. Note: you will spend most of your time on the grout.
  3. The Bathmat (carpet) - Solution: Place a brown paper bag or any paper really (no print!) over the stain. Press an iron (on medium heat) to the paper and watch the "wax spots appear". Use new pieces of paper/brown bag till all the wax is up. (05/03/2008)

By DeeJay

Candle Wax off the Wall

I tried boiling water and a sponge, worked OK. (05/05/2008)

By BB

Candle Wax off the Wall

The hairdryer and paper towel worked great for red candle wax on my white glossy painted wall. After the wax was gone there was still some left over red stain and I used a Mr Clean Magic Eraser to take care of the rest. Thanks Ladies! (10/21/2008)

By Christine

Candle Wax off the Wall

The blow dryer and paper towel work - but there is still pinkish wax residue. So then I used none other than Spray and Wash! It really worked! I sprayed it on, let it soak for 10-20 seconds, and then vigorously wiped it, then scrubbed it off with a white paper towel. (12/31/2008)

By Red Candle Cleaner!

Candle Wax off the Wall

Used the hair dryer and paper towel, yet a greenish tint remained so I tried the Magic Eraser and it removed the paint. The blue paint is now showing through the white. Don't use the Magic Eraser on your wall. (01/11/2009)

By Joel

Pillar candles on a glass plate with river rocks.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Walls
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
🎉
🎄