Candy Cane Fudge Not Setting

I made candy cane fudge, and it isn't setting! I substituted condensed milk for sweetened condensed milk, but I used an online recipe and added sugar for the condensed milk. Should I reheat it? Or add powdered sugar to it?

By Lily M

Answers

Best Answer

I am assuming that the milk substitution was not part of the recipe you followed. It sounds like you substituted evaporated milk for the condensed milk. If that is correct, you won't be able to get the fudge to set up no matter what you do. Evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk are in no way the same product.

yes but making sweetened condensed milk is evaporated milk and sugar

Making Fudge
Fixing Fudge That Didn't Set
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesDecember 19, 2013
Felt Candy Cane Ornament
Making a Felt Candy Cane Ornament
baby sleeping by grass
Setting Up a Green Nursery
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Recipes
Broken Cane Chair
Repairing Cane Chairs
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 4:36:56 PM on 10.0.0.134 in 677 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.