Candyland Birthday Party
This year I am having a Candyland birthday party. As you can not find any items, this has to be made from all my ideas. This is what I am planning on doing:
- Invitations can be found on the website by using the matching cards. Buy 4 different colors of plates and 4 different colors of napkins and cups, 2 table clothes (Dollar Tree).
- For games:
- Candyland-life size by putting down construction paper for children to follow.
- Lollypop Forest is circles of Styrofoam covered in colored Saran wrap on dowels, also using Styrofoam circles or small boxes turned inside out, wrapped in the colored Saran wrap to make hard candies lying about.
- for the shortcuts and bridges use paper grocery bags cut open and laid out between the spots.
- the gumdrops are colored bowls turned upside down and sprinkled with glitter
- the candy canes are old wrapping paper tubes wrapped in red ribbon.
- for the Licorice Castle, Candy Castle, even the Peanut Brittle House, use a box from a washer or refrigerator and cut it to look like a castle or house. Not only is it part of the game, but young children can also play in it.
- the Molasses Swamp is the funniest part to make, take brown craft paper and crinkle it up.
- on the Ice Cream Sea, use a bubble machine to make the bubbles
- for the Gingerbread Plum Tree, use a tree already in your yard or a branch decorated with paper leaves and plums
- for the game cards, use pieces of construction paper glued to white paper with either one or two blocks on each.
By Randa from San Marcos, TX
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 24, 2017 at 5:14:52 AM on 10.0.2.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us