Canning Cauliflower

Canning fresh vegetables is one good method for preserving produce. This is a guide about canning cauliflower.

Canning Cauliflower

I'm trying to find out if I could can cauliflower? I'd like it in a sweet brine with onions and banana peppers. Could I just cook the cauliflower until it's almost done, then pour the cooled brine on top? Then keep it in the refrigerator? I would appreciate any input you could give me. Thank you.

Judy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

2 ea Large Heads Cauliflower

2 c Pearl Onions *

1 c Pickling Salt

1 c Sugar

3 c White Vinegar

2 tb White Mustard Seeds

1 tb Celery Seeds

1 ea Small Hot Pepper

Instructions

* Pearl Onions are the small white or silver skinned onions that are

1. Wash the cauliflower and break them into flowerets. Scald, cool, and peel the onions. Mix the vegetables with the salt, add just enough water to cover, and let stand about 18 hours. Drain, rinse in cold water, and drain again. Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar, add the seeds and hot pepper and bring to a boil. Add the vegetables and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are barely tender. Pack the vegetables into hot jars, fill the jars with the boiling-hot liquid and seal. Makes 4 pints.

or you can blance the veggies in boiling water for 2-5 minutes pack veggies in Jars and fill with hot pickle solution of above recipie or one of your own. Store in fridge. Ready to eat in about a week.

Food and Recipes Canning VegetablesJanuary 14, 2013
Freezing Cauliflower
Freezing Cauliflower
Jar of canned papaya balls in syrup.
Canning Papayas
Freshly Canned Pears Near Pears in a Bowl
Canning Pears
Pile of fresh cherries in front of a jar of cherry jam.
Canning Cherries
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 8:34:04 AM on 10.0.2.170 in 643 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.