Canning Summer Squash and Zucchini

When the summer squash is ripe there is usually too much to eat it all fresh. This guide is about canning summer squash and zucchini.

Canning Summer Squash and Zucchini
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Can I fry my squash up and then can it?

By Tara P

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

To can squash (or any non-acidic vegetable) you need a pressure canner. The canner can reach and maintain the temperature needed to prevent botulism. However, the squash will be very mushy and not very good. Freezing is the way to go.

Read More Answers...

My husband has had an overabundance of zucchini this year. Maybe this extreme heat has something to do with it? My question is, does anyone have a recipe for canning zucchini?

I have shredded quite a few to freeze for zucchini bread this winter with my Food Saver machine. I also blanched some sliced zucchini, froze it on foil over cookie sheets in the deep freezer. I later popped them off and used my Food Saver machine that removed the air from the bag.

So if anyone has a recipe for canning zucchini, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Carolyn C. from Elsberry, MO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My sister pickles her zucchini, she uses the recipe from Ball canning, at www.freshpreserving.com/ Kosher Dill Pickles - Small Batch or on back of package. She follows it using zucchini instead of the cucumbers. The only thing she does different is she removes the large seeds from the center and slices into short spears. She includes a fresh clove of garlic into each jar for some kick. They are very good and don't last long at family picnics.

Read More Answers...

I need a recipe for canning zucchini made with pineapple juice. Any one out there have one and know if it is any good? It's that time of year the zucchinis are coming in full and fast. Thanks so much to you all out there in cyber space.

Barb from Fairview, Mi

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Imitation Pineapple Zucchini

46 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice

1/2 cup lemon juice

1/2 bottle of pineapple extract or oil

2 cups sugar

boil 3 minutes

put in clean canning jars

cold pack 10 minutes

Read More Answers...

I need to know how to can summer squash and zucchini. Any suggestions?

By Evelyn H

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I can yellow squash & Zucchini, tomaoes, onions, green pepper and celery could be opts. add tomto juice for Liquid, you can find recipes in canning books under squash or vegy recipes in most.

I put smoked turkey sausage, when I heat it up and serve over rice or noodles.

Food and Recipes Canning VegetablesJuly 13, 2012
Growing Zucchini Squash
Growing Zucchini Squash
Jar of canned papaya balls in syrup.
Canning Papayas
summer squash
Drying Squash
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 10, 2016 at 12:46:01 AM on 10.0.2.91 in 477 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.