Card Game: Runs And Sets

Has any one ever played Runs and Sets, with playing cards? I am looking for instructions and the order of the game. Played it many years ago and now do not remember how.

Thanks

Vicki from Lubbock,Texas

Answers:

Card Game: Runs And Sets

A quick google search turned up this... don't know if it is what you were looking for. Looks complex!

Sets and Runs:
http://www.bright.net/~beeryde/games/setsruns.htm (07/03/2007)

By K

Card Game: Runs And Sets

I was just looking for this myself, and found some rules at http://members.shaw.ca/bvwhit/push.html that are for a card game called Push. If you can't connect, google in "sets and runs card games", & you'll find a title: Rules for Push Card Game - it's similar to Sets & Runs. Click on it.

Two decks are used. I played many years ago and have a sheet with the scores: Joker - 50; aces & twos - 20; 10, J, Q, K - 10; 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 - 5. (Same as Push)

Dealing of cards: first hand is 7 cards, next hand is 8, then 9--each hand increases by 1 card up to & including 13. (Two more deals than Push)

Melds per each consecutive hand are: 1) 2 sets of three. 2) 1 set of 3, 1 run of 4. 3) 2 runs of 4. 4) 3 sets of 3. 5) 2 sets of 3, 1 run of 4. 6) 2 runs of 4, 1 set of 3. 7) Dealer selects either runs of 3 or sets of 4.

I think the rest of the Push directions are what I remember playing. Enjoy! (I tried to modify these instructions to make them more readable, but the system wouldn't let me change.) (07/08/2007)

By Marivan

Card Game: Runs And Sets

This sounds similar to a card game I just played with my visiting sisters-in-law called Base 10. I couldn't find any rules for it on the web and you have to buy the game so you get the right cards (need to have red, blue, green and gold colored cards); but in addition to having to get a run of one color to win some hands, you also have to get sets of all one number or runs (like 2-3-4-5-6-7-8, for instance). The cards run 1 through 12 and the game also uses Skip and Wild cards. Guess you would have to look for it at a toy or game store. It's really fun, though. (07/09/2007)

By Lynn from Calif.

Card Game: Runs And Sets

The game you are looking for may be "Contract Rummy"
Go to www.pagat.com/alpha.html
They have the rules to all the card games listed alphabetically. Look for contract rummy

Hi, to all the card players out there, I always say that I have never met a deck of cards that I didn't like. (07/09/2007)

By PICO

Card Game: Runs And Sets

Thank you everyone for your help on finding the card game Runs and Sets. Thank you K for telling where to go for the rules and order of game. That was it thanks again.
Vicki Lubbock.Texas
(07/09/2007)

By VickiM