Caring for Glass Shower Doors

I have deposits on my clear glass shower doors that I finally got rid of with a commercial tub cleaner. I read on your web site baby oil works to avoid further build up. Can you use baby oil on clear glass door? It seems to me it would cause a build up. How often do you apply it?

Toby from Muskegon, MI

Answers:

I tried several things...

I used several tips to remove the soap scum build-up in hubby's shower. I tried everything from commercial solutions to vinegar and baking soda. The best thing and the one that really worked for me was Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Now that the shower door is sparkly clean again, I have a store-bought solution that hubby is supposed to spray onto the shower door each time he finishes his shower and does not have to rinse it off, and it's working well for now. However, I am so proud of the Magic Eraser, and I would suggest it to anyone for removing the scum if it does build up. Sorry I don't know a natural solution to tell you to make to spray onto the door to prevent build-up, unless it's vinegar, which was suggested to me. Good luck!

(03/01/2007)

By Rita

Caring for Clear Glass Shower Doors

Spray WD 40 on a rag and wipe down the doors after they have dried. It works for me. (03/02/2007)

By rasta

Caring for Clear Glass Shower Doors

If you quit using bar soap and use shower gel you will no longer have that problem of soap scum. We still squeegee the shower walls and the door each time. I haven't had to scrub, but I do clean it once every other month, since we made the change. Clean it up and try it for 1 week. What have you got to loose except a lot of aggravation. I know the soap manufacturers are losing money on us. (03/03/2007)

By alex10vicky

Caring for Clear Glass Shower Doors

The thing that has worked for over 4 months for me is the auto glass product RidX which keeps water from sticking to the glass. (01/08/2008)

By onlyonejudy

Caring for Clear Glass Shower Doors

My glass doors were horrible. I purchased CLR kitchen and bath cleaner from the supermarket (also sold in Target). You spray it on, wait 5 minutes, wipe with a sponge then thoroughly rinse. It took a few times to get it clean. Now once every other week I do it and it comes right off. (09/25/2008)

By Patti

Caring for Clear Glass Shower Doors

A trick I learned from my housekeeper while living in Australia, on really bad doors (like mine were the first time) she applied masking tape to any metal parts and sprayed oven cleaner on the glass. It worked like a charm. Just be careful not to get it on any metal or coated/painted plastic parts as it will peel.

(11/11/2008)

By Kellcia

Caring for Clear Glass Shower Doors

You should try Spray and Wash laundry stain remover. It works on all the stuff showers leave behind, especially soap scum on shower doors. (11/11/2008)

By babyblue919

Caring for Glass Shower Doors
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🎄