Caring for a 3 Week Old Puppy

I adopted a 3 week old pitbull pup. Her mom was killing the puppies and she is the only one to survive. I have been bottle feeding her and she shows no signs of aggression. Now I want to make sure I raise her right. She is my baby and I love her with all my heart. Any advise will be appreciated.

Sheila from Bridgeton, NJ

Answers:

Caring for a 3 Week Old Puppy

You can never tell if a puppy will be aggressive or not. I have a 2 1/2 year old red-nosed pitbull that we got when she was 4 weeks old and we have never hit her...she has gotten very aggressive towards certain people...when me and my husband split up, he left the dog with me and when he comes over to see her, she is all excited to see him but if he gets to close to me she will attack him and I have to tell her that daddy isn't going to hurt mama..(he has never hit me)..then she gets all excited again...she is a very protective dog...she loves her 4 cats...good luck! (08/30/2006)

By Jannie

Caring for a 3 Week Old Puppy

Sheila,

Congratulations on your new family member! I use to work at a shelter and have met some very sweet pitbulls. Here's a few tips:

The first few months of a dog's life (I believe 6 months) are critical for socialization. So, I suggest taking obedience training classes once your puppy is old enough. Also, pitbulls can be somewhat dominant dogs and your puppy will need to know that you're in charge. The classes can help with this. (08/30/2006)

By Michelle

Caring for a 3 Week Old Puppy

what about the vet?? have they given you any advices. (08/31/2006)

By sandy63

Caring for a 3 Week Old Puppy

my dd has a now 3 yr old white male pit that she hand raised from 2.5 weeks of age. he was also the sole surviver of the litter of 7. he was raised with an older, smaller female who was dominant. he is now with 2 chiwahwah(sp) and he has never been aggresive towards people or animals, including my 8 yo male boxer. just my 2cents.
(08/31/2006)

By cleo235

Caring for a 5 Week Old Puppy
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman Weighing Herself
Losing 5 Pounds in a Week
Photo of a lady yelling at a driver.
Avoiding Road Rage
5 Week Old Chihuahua Puppy
Training a 5 Week Old Puppy
🎄