Caring for a 5 Week Old Puppy

I have a pit bull/mastiff puppy that is about 5 weeks old. The breeder told me she was 8 weeks, but it's clear that she's not. He said that they had to get rid of all the puppies or they would be put down. I just want to know what I should do with her to help her grow healthy. She cries most of the day, even when she's eating and drinking. I really need some advice on this.

Lori from Thermopolis, WY

Answers:

Caring for a 5 Week Old Puppy

Besides the advice here, you should talk to your vet about this and contact the ASPCA and turn in the breeders. (03/11/2009)

By Deeli

Caring for a 5 Week Old Puppy

Invest in the puppy milk for at least a few weeks. Make sure she is using the bathroom. You may have to stimulate her to go by rubbing her with a tissue or paper towel. Good luck! (03/12/2009)

By kflawson

Caring for a 5 Week Old Puppy

All the ideas here have merit, but they don't address your poor puppy's true misery. I expect the poor thing is missing his/her mama. It's been a long time since we've had really small pups around here, but if you can get an old-fashioned wind-up clock (the kind that ticks), and a heating pad you can set on low to put in the pup's bed, that might help some.

Give your new "fur baby" all the cuddling and physical affection you can during waking hours, and try the heating pad-clock combo at bedtime. Hope it helps! (03/13/2009)

By JustPlainJo

Caring for a 5 Week Old Puppy
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman Weighing Herself
Losing 5 Pounds in a Week
Photo of a lady yelling at a driver.
Avoiding Road Rage
5 Week Old Chihuahua Puppy
Training a 5 Week Old Puppy
🎄