Caring for a 5 Week Old Puppy

I have a 5 week pit bull puppy. I'm unsure on what to feed him. He also won't stop crying. Can anyone give me suggestions on what to do and tell me why he cries?

By Morena

Answers:

Caring for a 5 Week Old Puppy

I don't know the circumstances as to why you have a 5 week old pup (at 5 weeks they should still be with the mom) anyway, if for some reason she/he can't be with mom you can get some puppy milk and feed him with a syringe. Once he gets older (7-8 weeks) try adding some really soft moist food (like a/d, available at the vets) to the milk and continue to feed him with the syringe. Then you can try giving him the a/d -milk mixture on a plate till he learns how to eat solids. Hope this helps you out. (12/21/2010)

By lhasaangel

Caring for a 5 Week Old Puppy

Check with your vet about feeding. There is milk replacement available at pet stores. You can try putting a ticking clock in the bed with him. It seems to quiet puppies. Good luck. (12/22/2010)

By Lizzyanny

Caring for a 5 Week Old Puppy

Although I appreciate the sentiment, I would really think twice about taking this puppy back to his mother, simply because, if the mother dog's pet owners were irresponsible enough to give you this puppy at 5 weeks, I wouldn't trust them another day with this precious pup. On the other hand, if they were just unaware. Well, I'd still think more than once. He is crying because he was separated from his mother way too young. His future is now in your hands, Morena. Advocate appropriately.

Did the pup come from a healthy mom or was he rescued? Either way, please contact your vet as soon as possible. The vet can help you help this pup through this difficult transition (feeding advice and emotional support). This little puppy is counting on you to save him. Thanks for asking an important question (feeding) and best wishes for the two of you to have a long and happy friendship. Now go call your vet, okay? (12/25/2010)

By KansasCindy

Caring for a 5 Week Old Puppy
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman Weighing Herself
Losing 5 Pounds in a Week
Photo of a lady yelling at a driver.
Avoiding Road Rage
5 Week Old Chihuahua Puppy
Training a 5 Week Old Puppy
🎄