Caring for a Baby Mole

My friend and I found a baby mole in a driveway. I think its mom left it there, but I brought it home. I don't know what they eat. Can someone help me? It looks like if it doesn't eat soon it will die.

By BabyGirl from Gorham, ME

Answers:

Caring for a Baby Mole

I'd get them a can of infant formula, the kind that needs warm water added, and a dropper or two from the pharmacy department and feed them formula. (06/14/2010)

By PIKKA

Caring for a Baby Mole

There are small mammal formulas that would be appropriate and easy to find at a pet mart or pet supermarket. Then get a dropper and feed at the suggested times. Babies eat a lot more than three times a day, the little mole should let you know when it's hungry.
Try to age it using photos online or someone you know. See when it will be making the switch to insects. Good luck! (06/16/2010)

By wishsparkle

Caring for a Baby Mole

Some moles are poisonous and I am not sure if moles in our country are or not. I will check with a rehabber to see and send you a link. More than likely it will not make it if it is dehydrated, and it could have been harmed internally by a cat.

Here is some info:
http://mammals.suite101.com/article.cfm/mammals-of-northern-north-america-shrews-and-moles

I wish you good luck and I would not feed cow's milk, it can kill rabbits or squirrels. Also you can type wildlife rehabilitators by state and it will show you where to contact a rehabber.

Blessings.

(06/17/2010)

By Robyn Fed

Caring for a Baby Mole

Here is a site that lists rehabbers by state. Find your state and then find the one nearest you. tc.umn.edu

Blessings. (06/17/2010)

By Robyn Fed

A wild raccoon looking up.
Rescuing Wild Animals
Feeding a Baby
Weaning a Baby Off Breast Milk
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎉
🎄