Caring for an Eye Injury

Category Home Remedies
A blue eye with a red injury.
It is important to consult your health care provider when you have a physical concern. This guide is about caring for an eye injury.

I sustained a serious puncture wound to my right eye and needed to rest the eye while it heals. I went to WalMart and bought the inexpensive "goes over" type sunglasses that I can wear over my regular glasses. I popped the left lens out, leaving the right lens in place.

Next, I went into the automotive department and bought a roll of the static cling automobile window shade material, and cut out a piece to fit over the right lens of my new sunglasses... this gives me double-darkened lens on the right and no darkening on the left, so I can see reasonably well from my left eye indoors, and rest the right eye. I also cut a second piece of the cling stuff to put over the right lens of my regular sunglasses for when I am outdoors, to further protect my right eye.

My eye doctor was impressed with the improvisation - it's certainly more comfortable than the hard plastic flat deals they have in the office!

If you have to use eye drops, lay down on the bed and lay the drop bottle on the bridge of your nose, turn your head sideways a little and the drop will fall into your open eye, without the chance of you touching your eye with the bottle tip.

By Great Granny Vi