Carnation Instant Breakfast Recipe

Does anyone have a recipe for Carnation Instant Breakfast? Just seems like it would be fairly easy to put together. Thanks!

Terhaze from Oregon

Carnation Instant Breakfast Recipe

The basis of most of the diet and supplemental drinks is reconstituted dry milk at double strength. Then you can add sweetener, flavoring, fiber, vitamins, etc whatever else you care for.

As an RN for 45 years, some of them in homecare for folks with limited income, we taught this formula often. (06/28/2006)

By Camilla

Carnation Instant Breakfast Recipe

Found this on the internet

Recipe(tried): Carnation Instant Breakfast

I make a chocolate version for myself. Carnation has changed their formula recently, and the product now gives less product, less protein and slightly fewer calories than when I worked the numbers. However, the following is still close. I do it by grams, so I used the USDA nutrient database to convert to teaspoons.

For straight chocolate, 1 serving

7 tsp. cocoa (6 grams)
4 tsp. sugar (17 grams)
8 tsp instant skim milk powder (17 grams)

For mocha, I would use the same sugar and skim milk powder, and start with 50/50 cocoa and coffee by weight, which would be 3-1/2 tsp cocoa and 2 tsp instant coffee, then adjust to match the taste you're after.

I prefer mine with the chill off, so I nuke the milk for a few seconds first, which helps the cocoa dissolve (with vigourous stirring). Sifting the cocoa into the milk helps a lot. If you make it in bulk, use a blender to reduce the particle size of all the ingredients, and it will blend more easily into cold milk.

Instant Breakfast Drink Mix

1 (3 oz.) box of instant vanilla, chocolate or butterscotch pudding

1/3 cup sugar
12 scoups protein powder
6 cups instant dry milk powder
2 tsp vanilla

Combine all, blend well.

To use:
Blend 1 cup ice water and 1/3 cup mix, blend well.
Add fresh fruit for a change of pace.

To make instant breakfast:
Put 1 cup ice cold water in shaker and 1/12 of the dry mix. Shake to mix well and drink.

I'm sure you can use the vanilla mix and maybe add some strawberry flavoring, or actual strawberries if you want when you mix it.

I like to use these with my home-made smoothie recipe:

orange juice concentrate
frozen strawberries
peach slices
1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
crushed pineapple
orange juice can of water

Whip it through the blender. When using an instant breakfast I substitute that mix for the yogurt and water. I often have it on hand throughout the morning and just drink some when I think of it. I can have enough for myself and give my 5 kids a small drink of their own. It's pretty filling on its own, but making it with an instant breakfast there's no way to drink it all in the course of one morning.

Source: Dawn Vezina

By mef1957

Carnation Instant Breakfast Recipes
Carnation Instant Breakfast Recipes
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower, Tiffany's gift box.
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower
Jar of instant oatmeal.
Homemade Instant Oatmeal Recipes
Sausage Breakfast Burritos
Sausage Breakfast Burritos
Dianthus Flowers
Growing Dianthus