Carpet Odors

One of my cats did a few Number 2's on the carpet in my bedroom. I explained to him that this behavior is unacceptable, it will not be tolerated and he is to go outside to do his business. He has been very good since, but I cannot get rid of the terrible smell.

I have tried white vinegar, but it still stinks to high heaven every time the room has been closed for some time. Will it help to put charcoal in the room for a few hours and close everything up? Any other help will be appreciated. Thank you. Kind regards.

Willem from Republic of South Africa

Answers:

baking soda

If you sprinkle your carpet with baking soda and leave it there for about 20 minutes then vacuum it up that should help. (03/19/2007)

By Amy

Carpet Odors

Oxy Clean will get the smell and the stains out. I love the stuff. I had my cat pee in my car taking him to the vet and could not get the smell out and I used oxy clean and it worked wonders. You should try it. It also works really well in a carpet cleaning machine. (03/19/2007)

By Molissa

Carpet Odors

Try sprinkling Borax on the spot and letting sit for a while then vacuum up. It's found in the laundry detergent section of the grocery store near the bleach. It is only toxic to animals if they eat a whole bunch, like 2lbs of the stuff. It will not bleach the carpet.

I use it in the bottom of my trash cans, also in laundry to freshen a load. It's stronger than baking soda. It's also good to repel pests if you have a problem with them, just put a little line of the white powder under your cabinets. The bugs won't cross the line. It's toxic to them. (03/19/2007)

By Debbie from SC USA

Carpet Odors

Thank you.
I tried the baking soda first, as it was available in the kitchen, and it worked just fine. I am so grateful and happy. Thank you, for all the other responses as well. (03/25/2007)

By Willem

Carpet Odors
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
🎉
🎄