Carpet Odors

What can I use or make to remove the odor from my daughter's bedroom carpet? Not the entire room just the area where she gets into bed and sits.

By Carol from Castro Balley, CA

Answers:

Carpet Odors

We were in Costa Rica and at the hotel we stayed in, the maid used a damp mop with disinfectant in it to clean the carpet and keep the room fresh smelling. I was surprised to see someone using a mop on carpet, but I watched her and then tried it myself at home. It really does work well and keeps my bedroom carpet and living room carpet cleaner longer between shampooing. Perhaps this is all you need do to your daughter's bedroom carpet. You can turn the fan on and help it dry out quickly. (08/07/2009)

By Lorelei

Carpet Odors

The mop idea is great, I am going to try it. Also I make my own fabric spray and air freshener:
One part fabric softener in a spray bottle, the more expensive the fabric softener the better.
Three or less parts water.

I use this on the carpet, in the air, as perfume on my clothes, on wet laundry before going into the dryer, to freshen the laundry waiting to be washed and also in the bathroom. I also found that Palmolive Bleach Alternative dish detergent works. Add five or six squirts into a load of laundry or more. Can get stains out of laundry better than detergent meant for the laundry.

I don't like laundry detergent, because it upsets my skin on my hands. So I use Palmolive Bleach Alternative dish soap and it is cheaper too, and I put in in my soap dispensers all around the house, diluted with water.

Anyway I have heard of using apple cider vinegar as a spray for the carpet. I haven't tried it yet.
(08/08/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Carpet Odors

Try baking soda. Sprinkle it on the area and let it set a few hours and vacuum it up. (08/08/2009)

By sissy7575

Carpet Odors

If you use any sort of liquid please be careful to not over saturate, because it can cause mold which is a major health problem and once mold takes hold it spreads even in to dry areas. Personally, I suggest trying dry products like the baking soda mentioned. (08/11/2009)

By Deeli

Carpet Odors
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
🎉
🎄