Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Carrot Souffle Recipes

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Carrot Souffle

You can make a delicious sweet or savory souffle using fresh carrots. This page contains carrot souffle recipes.

Recipes

Read and rate the best recipes below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Recipe: Piccadilly's Carrot Souffle

Does anyone else remember Piccadilly's Cafeterias? At one time, it was about my favorite place to eat. They had everything I liked, and I could pick and choose putting all the tiny dishes on my tray to suit myself. One of my most favorites was their wonderful carrot souffle which was basically a side dish, but was so sweet and good, it could just as easily been a dessert choice and often was. Many times, I tried to replicate their recipe at home, but it wasn't until 1997 that I received an original recipe from a friend for Piccadilly's famous Carrot Souffle. It is often Sunday dinner's dessert now, and many people think they are eating sweet potato souffle. It's a very easy recipe, and can be made a day ahead, then baked on Sunday morning. Good warm or at room temperature. With that much butter in it, we don't care for it cold.

• 1 3/4 lbs. carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 3 eggs, well-beaten
  • 1 stick butter (room temperature)
  • powdered sugar (to sprinkle on top of baked souffle)

Directions:

Steam or boil carrots. Drain well and transfer to a large mixing bowl. While carrots are still warm, add sugar, baking powder, and vanilla. Beat with mixer until smooth.

Blend in flour and mix well; add beaten eggs and beat. Add butter and mix thoroughly. Pour mixture into a 2-quart lightly buttered baking dish or pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until top is a nice golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Serve warm and reheat leftovers for the most flavor.

Servings: 6-8
Time:About 30 Minutes Preparation Time
All together, 1 1/2 Hours Cooking Time

Source: Originally, the recipe came from Piccadilly's Cafeterias, I'm sure, but my friend Grace sent it to me in 1997. Gracie, who was as happy in a kitchen as I am, also loved to eat out. I'm not sure if the recipe was given to her by someone at the cafeteria, or if it came out in a cookbook. The kitchen was where you'd usually find us when we got together. I love and miss you Gracie.

By Pookarina from Boca Raton, FL

Recipe: Carrot Souffle

Ingredients

• 2 pounds carrots, cut in chunks
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine (not spread)
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3 Tbsp. flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/8 tsp. cinnamon

Directions

Cook carrots in boiling salted water until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes; drain well and mash. Combine mashed carrots with remaining ingredients; pour into a buttered, 2-quart souffle dish. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for 45 minutes longer. Serves: 8

By Connie from Oden, Arkansas

Share Your Feedback: Have you tried this recipe? Do you have your own variation which you would like to share? Click "Share a Recipe" above!

Here are questions related to Carrot Souffle Recipes.

Question: Making Carrot Souffle

Can you use canned carrot to make the carrot souffle?

By Arnix from Fayetteville, NC

Most Recent Answer

By Frances Adams [11]01/05/2012

That is what is called for with the recipe that I use. I hope we are talking about the same one, it is very good! I use 2 regular size (approx 14 oz) cans of sliced carrots, and drain them well. I don't do anything to them. When you mix the ingredients with the mixer, it chops them up for you.
Makes a very good but rich side dish.