Share Crafts

Carrot Souffle Recipes

Carrot Souffle

You can make a delicious sweet or savory souffle using fresh carrots. This page contains carrot souffle recipes.

Read and rate the best recipes below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Recipe: Piccadilly's Carrot Souffle

Does anyone else remember Piccadilly's Cafeterias? At one time, it was about my favorite place to eat. They had everything I liked, and I could pick and choose putting all the tiny dishes on my tray to suit myself. One of my most favorites was their wonderful carrot souffle which was basically a side dish, but was so sweet and good, it could just as easily been a dessert choice and often was. Many times, I tried to replicate their recipe at home, but it wasn't until 1997 that I received an original recipe from a friend for Piccadilly's famous Carrot Souffle. It is often Sunday dinner's dessert now, and many people think they are eating sweet potato souffle. It's a very easy recipe, and can be made a day ahead, then baked on Sunday morning. Good warm or at room temperature. With that much butter in it, we don't care for it cold.

• 1 3/4 lbs. carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 3 eggs, well-beaten
  • 1 stick butter (room temperature)
  • powdered sugar (to sprinkle on top of baked souffle)

Steam or boil carrots. Drain well and transfer to a large mixing bowl. While carrots are still warm, add sugar, baking powder, and vanilla. Beat with mixer until smooth.

Blend in flour and mix well; add beaten eggs and beat. Add butter and mix thoroughly. Pour mixture into a 2-quart lightly buttered baking dish or pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until top is a nice golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Serve warm and reheat leftovers for the most flavor.

Servings: 6-8
Time:About 30 Minutes Preparation Time
All together, 1 1/2 Hours Cooking Time

Source: Originally, the recipe came from Piccadilly's Cafeterias, I'm sure, but my friend Grace sent it to me in 1997. Gracie, who was as happy in a kitchen as I am, also loved to eat out. I'm not sure if the recipe was given to her by someone at the cafeteria, or if it came out in a cookbook. The kitchen was where you'd usually find us when we got together. I love and miss you Gracie.

By Pookarina from Boca Raton, FL

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Recipe: Carrot Souffle

• 2 pounds carrots, cut in chunks
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine (not spread)
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3 Tbsp. flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/8 tsp. cinnamon

Cook carrots in boiling salted water until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes; drain well and mash. Combine mashed carrots with remaining ingredients; pour into a buttered, 2-quart souffle dish. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for 45 minutes longer. Serves: 8

By Connie from Oden, Arkansas

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Share Your Feedback: Have you tried this recipe? Do you have your own variation which you would like to share? Click "Share a Recipe" above!

Here are questions related to Carrot Souffle Recipes.

Question: Making Carrot Souffle

Can you use canned carrot to make the carrot souffle?

By Arnix from Fayetteville, NC

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Frances Adams 11 557 01/05/2012

That is what is called for with the recipe that I use. I hope we are talking about the same one, it is very good! I use 2 regular size (approx 14 oz) cans of sliced carrots, and drain them well. I don't do anything to them. When you mix the ingredients with the mixer, it chops them up for you.
Makes a very good but rich side dish.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No