Carving Foam Pumpkins

Foam pumpkins are an alternative to real ones for your Halloween carving tradition and can be saved to use next year. This is a guide about carving foam pumpkins.

October 24, 2006 Flag

Each year my husband adds a couple of carvings to his collection. We light the pumpkins each evening during the month of October. I really wish all of you could bring your children and grandchildren by to see them.

Michaels and many other stores sell carvable pumpkins. Get one for each of your children or grandchildren. Let them carve them, have them sign and date the bottom. In a few years, you will have a fantastic collection of carvable pumpkins showing their skills. What a fantastic memory for the family! Enjoy!

By Tedebear

I must say..your husband is very talented , he should carve wood for halloween I bet he will succeed..

Fabulous!!! It brought back that spooky, excited feeling I always got as a kid. I loved it when we would be tirck or treating and walk up on someone's porch and they had lit pumpkins either in the window or on the porch.

WOW!!! cool looking.

Does you husband use foam craft pumkins or real ones. If he uses real ones how do you get them to keep for so many years.

Hi May-fairy(16), Yes, my husband uses the carvable pumpkins from Michael's craft store. Yes, we always use the coupon to purchase them! The first years, we used real ones and stayed up late the last couple of nights before Halloween.

What a fabulous idea and keepsake! I consider myself a pretty crafty person and I never thought to do this! I think I just found a new Halloween tradition!

Thank you for sharing this will all of us!

Awesome! Very, very cool! Well done.

Hi Tedebear!!! These are so incredible!!! I showed your photo to my son who is the master pumpkin carver in our family....lol He thought they're great, too!!! He asked how you light them up.....and I have no clue. How do you light these beautiful carved pumpkins?

These are a great idea. I have a couple that I put on my front step. My problem is how do you light them? The first couple of night I go outside and turn on those battery type lights in each one. I end up changing the batteries every other day! But then I forget to either turn them off before bed or forget to turn them on all together. Can you put a string of xmas lights in them?

Is there any way to copy some of the patterns and upload them here? Possible we can email someone and get copies of scanned patterns?

That would sure save a lot of money for me

Here is some for everyone

Thanks

October 17, 2007 Flag

These are our current crop of pumpkins. Each year, my husband adds eight to the collection.

Carved Foam Pumpkins

October 26, 2012 Flag

As we are nearing Halloween the little light bulb in the pumpkin is sure to burn out before the big event. Rather than run all over town to find a replacement for just a few days, I just thread a string of clear Christmas tree lights through the back/bottom of the pumpkin for the remainder of the season. It is safe and easy.

Pumpkin decoration.

Crafts Halloween DecorationsJune 14, 2013
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
Carving Pumpkins for Halloween
Carving Pumpkins for Halloween
Fall decoration with pumpkins, gourds, and Indian corn.
Decorating with Pumpkins
painted pumpkins
Decorating Pumpkins Without Carving Them
🎉
🎄