Cat Deterrent

How can I discourage stray neighborhood cats from "scenting" my entryway? Their urine smell is gagging me. I'm not home to spritz as they visit.

By Mickey from upstate NY

I don't know if it will work with cats but it does work for other critters: go to a loacl dog grooming lace and ask for the cut dog hair. Spread them around the area you want to keep the cats away from and it may do the trick. My dad does that to keep rabbits and other wild life from eating his garden before he can benefit from it.

I have had good luck discouraging this sort of behavior by splashing full strength lemon scented Mr Clean on the sprayed areas. Cats do not like a citrus smell, and this has the added benefit of cleaning the area as well.

Cat Deterrent
Home and Garden Pest Control CatsMay 27, 2011
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Organic Food
Buying Organic Food
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
🎄