CatsPets

Cat Has Skin Rash from Adhesive Tape

My cat Bobbie, a female, recently received a injury for soft tissue damage around the right elbow. The vet did x-rays and then covered her leg from toe to shoulder with padding, bandages, and plasters. She now has a rash on the bare areas and of course she has been licking this. I tried the collar, but she was multi-stressed out. I have started using betadine diluted with water to bath the areas. Is there anything else I can do short of going to the vet again? She is on an anti-inflammatory liquid. I was thinking of an anti-biotic cream, but what do I get? Can anyone help me please? Thank you.

Just remember whatever you put on she can lick off, so it needs to be OK to ingest. I would want to know what the rash is so it could be treated safely and effectively. Try the Vet again. There are soft padded collars available that are much less annoying to cats than the elizabethan collars the Vets use. They are bulky enough so the cats cannot reach areas they shouldn't lick. I am sure you can find one on the internet.