Cat Keeps Pooping at Front Door

I have a cat that keeps coming to our front door and poops. What can I use to keep her away so she stops doing this?

By EF

Cats hate lemon smells. Squeeze some lemon juice on a towel and leave it by the door for a few days. Then, keep a Citronella candle or two in a jar, by the door. You don't have to light them for the smell to work. If it is like most cats, it will stop.

I hope this helps.

PBP

Is this your cat or a neighbour's or a stray? If it is your cat, you might want to put a litter box there to accommodate it. If it is not your cat, and I assume that this is the case, I recommend the citrus smell. I have used that with good effect. I used Lemon Scented Mr. Clean, which I splashed around full strength. I think this would be cheaper than lemon juice.

Some people recommend orange or lemon peels, but I have not tried those. Another thing you might do is provide another attractive place for this cat to poop - a freshly dug up spot in the back yard, out of sight, or even a litter box. Does the cat poop on the step or in a flower bed or something like that?

It is very odd for a strange cat to poop just on your step, for example. Cats like to spray their scents to mark their territory, but usually they hide their poop. I did have an outdoor cat that pooped randomly on the lawn, but she was an oddball. I thought she was either ill or had never been taught proper bathroom habits by her mother. None of her offspring ever did that.

For her, I spread a cat repellant around, something in a green container that I got at Walmart. It worked fairly well, but had to be refreshed after every rain.

Cats really dislike citrus peels try putting several in onion bags and set them in the areas that it's been doing its business if it's in the dirt around your front porch you can just put the peelings on the ground and they smell good.

Wouldn't the orange & lemon attract bees? We've got a major bee problem too..

She may hope you will be her family. Can you adopt her? You might find her to be a sweet and loyal friend.

No, I can't adopt them. They belong to a lady down the street who is a "crazy cat lady". The lady is nice but has too many cats and they come to my house to poop on my porch.

I think it's rude you would call someone that.

Since cats have superior smelling abilities, they are extremely sensitive to scent based cat repellents. You can make a really simple homemade remedy out of essential oils. I recommend using peppermint oil for repelling cats outdoors. Just mix 3 parts water to 1 part oil into a spray bottle and apply to necessary areas. You will need to reapply the solution as it wears down from the outside conditions.

Ammonia works great to get rid of the spray smell indoors and outdoors works great for that nasty smells of cats ..put in a spray bottle add a Lil water nothing else and spray on walls doors glass around porches and pretty much save every where and only 1 buck a gallon

Homemade Cat Repellents
Homemade Cat Repellents
Home and Garden Pest Control CatsJanuary 7, 2015
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
dog going out dog door
Dog Is Peeing In Front of Doggie Door
Heart shaped wreath on a door.
Front Door Decoration Ideas
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 27, 2017 at 11:14:34 AM on 10.0.0.86 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.