Cat Losing Hair on Legs

I have seen so many questions on here about cats losing hair or balding on their thighs and inside of their legs. Has anyone come up with a reason why this happens?

My cat is 7 and an inside cat, nothing has changed in my house since I got her. She is an apple head Siamese and when the vet saw her a month ago for a checkup he did not seem to be concerned, but it seems to be getting worse. Thanks for any help from anyone. It worries me.

By Donna from Baltimore

Answers:

Cat Losing Hair on Legs

I would say try another vet if the one you went to didn't explain why he wasn't concerned. Sounds like a mite ( in FL they have what are called by the populace as NoSeeUms) or an allergy.

See this article http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf97553752.tip.html .

Good luck with your baby. (12/03/2009)

By Suntydt

Cat Losing Hair on Legs

Ok, I took my cat to the vet and he said one of two things; anxiety, which he does not think it is, and some allergy. So she got a shot of medrol, and I'm supposed to watch her to see if she keeps licking. If so, she can get one in two weeks before I leave for 3 weeks vacation. Maybe she saw the brochure? I just wanted to let you all know what he said at this point. (12/07/2009)

By dfranche