Cat Losing Hair on Legs

I have seen so many questions on here about cats losing hair or balding on their thighs and inside of their legs. Has anyone come up with a reason why this happens?

My cat is 7 and an inside cat, nothing has changed in my house since I got her. She is an apple head Siamese and when the vet saw her a month ago for a checkup he did not seem to be concerned, but it seems to be getting worse. Thanks for any help from anyone. It worries me.

By Donna from Baltimore

Answers:

Cat Losing Hair on Legs

I would say try another vet if the one you went to didn't explain why he wasn't concerned. Sounds like a mite ( in FL they have what are called by the populace as NoSeeUms) or an allergy.

See this article http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf97553752.tip.html .

Good luck with your baby. (12/03/2009)

By Suntydt

Cat Losing Hair on Legs

Ok, I took my cat to the vet and he said one of two things; anxiety, which he does not think it is, and some allergy. So she got a shot of medrol, and I'm supposed to watch her to see if she keeps licking. If so, she can get one in two weeks before I leave for 3 weeks vacation. Maybe she saw the brochure? I just wanted to let you all know what he said at this point. (12/07/2009)

By dfranche

Cat Losing Hair on Legs
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
cat biting hair of his leg
Remedies for Cat Losing Hair
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄