Cat Not Using Litter Box

My three year old son and I have recently gotten a 16 month old kitten from a friend. The problem is the kitten doesn't seem to want to use his litter box. A few days after we got him he pooped on the floor (which I contributed to the fact that he had been wormed), but then he pooped in the same spot the next day. I cleaned up the spot and used enzyme cleaner on it and them moved his food to that spot.

Now he is doing fine with that, but a few days ago, I left laundry that I had been separating on the floor and came home to find he had peed all over it. Over the last few days he hasn't used his litter box for urine even once and I found pee in my desk chair. Please help, I clean the litter box every day, don't used strong chemicals or perfumes and have it in a private place. I am at my wits end.

He has been to a vet and it is not a UTI. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cat Not Using Litter Box

Have you changed brands of litter? Some cats are so picky they won't use a litter they don't like. (09/20/2005)

By Linda L

Cat Not Using Litter Box

Is he neutered? Does your brand of litter have those nasty "deodorizing" things in it?

I scoop my litter regularly and see no need for chemicals which will burn their eyes and noses. Also, ask your vet for suggestions.

Best wishes.
Northern Virginia

By ILuvDobes

Cat Not Using Litter Box

Your cat might also be peeing in places that have your scent on them, if he is mad at you. Do you leave him home alone for long stretches of time?
He may be bored and mad that he's home alone so much. Does he have any toys to play with, or things to do while you are not there? (09/21/2005)

Cat Not Using Litter Box

Go to PetSmart and buy the cat litter called Cat Attract. (09/25/2005)

By freedombelle2001

Cat Not Using Litter Box
Homemade Cat Litter Box
Homemade Cat Litter Box Ideas
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Cat exiting a litter box.
Cat Litter Mat Reviews
Cat Litter
Alternative Uses for Cat Litter