Cat Pee Odor on a Bed

One of our cats got shut in our bedroom over night and we now have a sleep comfort bed that smells like cat urine. I've tried everything to get the smell out and it is a very strong smell. I've shampooed the spot, used vinegar, Lysol and Odor Out, and the smell will not go away. Help and ideas?

Joyce from Tennessee

Answers:

Cat Pee Odor on a Bed

Have you tried Odoban? We had a similar problem with a memory foam mattress topper and our cat peed on it. I used that and it was gone. Try it! I thought that we would have to throw it away but we were lucky. (06/24/2007)

By kelly

Cat Pee Odor on a Bed

Try "Nature's Miracle", the stuff is fabulous. I have nine cats and two dogs and would never be without the stuff. It neutralizes the odor completely. (06/25/2007)

By sharon

Cat Pee Odor on a Bed

I have replied on these posts a couple of times already and have said the same thing. I am the Oxi-Clean guru. This stuff will get the urine smell out. I had my cat pee in my car because I took him to the vet and he had a urinary infection. I used the Oxi Clean mixed with water and it got the smell out. I tried Nature's Miracle, I tried a few different things and nothing worked. This did. It is great on stains too, but awesome on cat pee :) (06/25/2007)

By Molissa

Cat Pee Odor on a Bed

Or, you can try Listerine, or product similar. It kills the germs and deodorizes. (06/25/2007)

By Rebecca

Cat Pee Odor on a Bed

Simple Solution Stain and Odor Remover. You can get it at Jefferspet.com or simplesolution.com
We have used it on everything, the rug, the bed, couch and it works great. Wouldn't be without it! We tried lots of other stuff including Nature's Miracle and none of it worked. This stuff is the best! (06/26/2007)

By lazisuzi

Cat Pee Odor on a Bed

Make a solution of one bottle hydrogen peroxide 16 ounces (first aid aisle in store) and 1/4 cup baking soda (baking aisle) and three drops hand dish washing liquid. Mix this and put into spray bottle, spray the mattress as saturated as you can. Allow to dry naturally or after 8-12 hours put a fan on it so it doesn't grow mildew. This must be used within the first 20 minutes and you cannot store it. Works when the chemicals make the by-product (oxygen?). This works even when Oxi-Clean or other things might not. Cheap enough, worth a try.

Important thing is to allow the products time to neutralize that odor, do not try to rinse them off. This is great for stains too, even older ones, on carpets and fabrics, and has never bleached anything we've used it on, always test first. (06/26/2007)

By kidsNclutter

Cat Pee Odor on a Bed

Try rubbing alcohol on it. It will take a lot of odor out of it. (06/27/2007)

By Janet`

Cat Pee Odor on a Bed

Nature's Miracle is awesome! I have two cats now, just got a new cat and our old cat is angry, so she has been peeing on everything. I am going to try it on my car because she had an accident on the way home from the vet and got pee all over! (02/11/2009)

By Ronnie

Cat Pee Odor on a Bed
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
cat on carpet
Removing Cat Pee and Odor from Carpet
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
🎄