Cat Pooping on Floor Next to Pig's Litterbox

I have several cats, all but 1 use the litter boxes. I also have a pot belly pig. My cat with the issue I feel thinks she's a pig. She goes on the floor next to my pig's litter box to poop, she uses one of the cat boxes to pee. I can't use orange or lemon peel as it's toxic to pigs. I tried putting an extra cat box next to the pig's, that was a big mistake, then all the cats decided to use it. I'm at my whits end and ready to get rid of her. Any suggestions?

By Leona V.R. from Abingdon, MD

I had this problem with one of my cats always pooping beside, instead of IN, the litter box. I purchased an extra large "under the bed" storage box with a large shallow lid. I put the litter box in the middle of the lid, which had several layers of newspapers covering it. The cat still poops outside the litter box, but it now lands on the newspapers, in the lid, so I just change the papers when I clean the litter box every day. The lid prevents any "liquid" in soft stools from getting on the cement floor, and is easy to clean. Don't get rid of the poor cat. There is always a solution!

I think you need to get more litter boxes because your cat obviously doesn't like sharing the poop box. Also, it wouldn't hurt to put it in a more private place if it isn't private already. Lastly, keep the boxes clean. I know my cats poop beside the box when its not cleaned to their standards. Honestly, when my cat poops beside the box, I know she's trying to prove a point. AKA, when I introduced a new kitten... her way of saying "I'm not sharing".

My sympathies on your situation with the cat. I am allergic but a lovely Siamese stray decided to have her litter on my back porch. I love animals in general so I am now the owner of 5 rambunctious kittens, 4 males and 1 female. I purchased Kittens for Dummies to make sure I was doing right by them and it gave me some very helpful information.

One of the male kittens is spraying my love-seat, and I have tried several different store bought products. None of been completely successful. I concluded that one particular remedy will not work on all of them. The kitty I suspect doesn't shy away from citrus scents so I had to find something else.

I used this site to create these homemade remedies, I figured if one didn't work I could try the other or maybe need to use all 3 which is the case. I checked before I decided to reply, Method 1, Cinnamon, Lavender, and Rosemary are not toxic to Pigs, but the combination of them should be enough to deter your cat from the pigs space. Good Luck

http://www.wiki  de-Cat-Repellent