Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

Does anyone know how to get the smell of cats urine out of carpets? The cat always goes back to the same place even after the spot has been washed. Repellents don't work!

miriam from france

Answers:

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

Try sprinkling some cayenne pepper spice on the spot- cats tend to avoid anything that has it on. (07/10/2006)

By tupperangel

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

Try white vinegar. It breaks down the enzymes in the urine. I spray some around the cat box to discourage my cat from going outside the box. I've also used it on the carpet when my dog was a puppy and had a few accidents. (07/11/2006)

By thriftyboo

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

I agree with the vinegar but I would try to get organic apple cider vinegar. That way you have the natural enzymes in the vinegar to break down the urine. Just the acid in vinegar helps a lot as cat urine is slightly oily. I don't know if you have borateem in France (powdered borax laundry additive and cleaner) but it works too. If your cat hasn't been fixed that might do the trick. Before we got our cat fixed she used to get in the clothes dryer or a just dried basket of clothes to urinate. Talk about maddening! Good luck (07/13/2006)

By CARLA BLEDSOE

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

Use the urine remover here to remove any staining and kill the smell!

http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Urine_Remover.htm (07/13/2006)

By ben123

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

Cover the urine with tin foil that has been tapped in place, and place a cat box next to it. The cats hate the feel of the tin foil and just might get the idea to use the box again. We tried this and it worked until the cat got very old and just didn't care anymore. We found out then that she was terminally ill and brokenheartedly had to put her to sleep. Take your cat to the vet if she or he is urinating in an odd spot, out of character. (07/13/2006)

By Margie Minard

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

We got this tip from a book and it worked for us. We used "Nature's Miracle (a LOT of it to completely saturate the area), and then covered the area with plastic for 48 hours. The reason for the plastic is to let the cleaner penetrate the surface before evaporating. The book also recommended a product from a website - www.88stink.com. (07/14/2006)

By Sarah6109

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet
A kitten sitting on a wood floor.
Cleaning Cat Urine Smell on Hardwood Floors
big cat in a car
Removing Cat Urine Smell From Car Interior
cat in a house
Getting Rid of Cat Urine Odors
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
🎄