Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

How do I get cat urine smell out of my entire carpet?

Angie from Brookfield, MO

Answers:

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

White Vinegar, one part to two/three parts water and allow to dry. Sprinkle baking soda over the area for half an hour or more and vacuum. (02/07/2008)

By Lorelei

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

Remove the carpet. If it's all over it, you cannot get it out. It seeps down through the carpet pad and isn't removable. I suggest putting the cat outside and getting new floors. (02/08/2008)

By beth

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

If it is a small spot go to the pet store and get Natures Miracle and follow the instructions on the bottle. It works. (02/09/2008)

By Rasta

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

Our Vet recommended that I try DRY powdered Massengil douche to rid an area of Tom Cat smell. Believe it or not....it worked.

Sprinkle the DRY powdered product on the carpet. Sort of scrub it into the nap with a broom or brush. Let it sit overnight, or longer if the smell is really bad. Then vacuum it up (be sure to replace the bag in your vacuum when you finish). If necessary, pull the edge of the carpet up to put some on the carpet-pad.

I found this product at the Dollar General Store. It is not as available as the liquid douche products are. Do Not Use the Liquid, as it does not work. Must be something in the powdered product that does the job.
(02/10/2008)

By Barb in Tennessee

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet
A kitten sitting on a wood floor.
Cleaning Cat Urine Smell on Hardwood Floors
big cat in a car
Removing Cat Urine Smell From Car Interior
cat in a house
Getting Rid of Cat Urine Odors
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
🎄