Cat With Fleas

I have 3 cats, 2 Persians, and 1 Himalayan and I also have a Shipoo. My cats have never been outside except when Nolan (my big white Persian) ran out. Now they have fleas.

I've tried to use flea products. I use Adam's spray, both of my cats foamed at the mouth. It scared me to death, I rushed them to the bath and started washing them with warm water. I'm never using chemicals again on my cats. I like only one product Advantage, but it's so expensive. I've washed them with blue Dawn and I tried to pick every flea off. It's not working too good. They have sores on them. I've used Castor oil, alcohol, Neosporin (not all at once), I rotate.

What's so weird is that I have no fleas in my house. I'm thinking the eggs are housing in their tails. I've heard bay leaves are good for dog houses and kennels, and that the fleas can't stand the smell.

Does anyone think maybe this would be good for my cats? I'm not using anymore harsh chemicals on my cats. Not after the Adam's spray. I tried to call Adam's poison hotline, no one would even answer. Please help me. I love my cats.

By Melissa from Cleveland, TN

Answers:

Cat With Fleas

Try Ajax dish soap with grapefruit. I used that on mine and it killed them all. (11/17/2009)

By BRANBRUMOM

Cat With Fleas

This isn't going to be fun, but it will get rid of the fleas. Get a flea comb. It has teeth really close together. Take the cat and comb it, catching the fleas and dipping the comb in a dish of hot water (or ask the pet store person how to deal with the fleas you capture). When you have one cat combed and flea free you must isolate that cat from the others. Repeat until all cats are done. You probably should do the dog, too. Then flea bomb your house (other than the room with the pets). The next day or two (depending on the flea-bomb) release the animals back into the (hopefully) flea-free house, but comb them twice a week for a month to make sure that all the fleas are gone. This is the only way I know, and if I knew a way without the flea bomb you know I'd tell you. (11/17/2009)

By tennesue

Cat With Fleas

I have 4 cats and have had a problem big time with fleas this year. I found that using natural remedies are far more better than poisoning our cats with flea stuff. I use diatomaceous earth, food grade. It can be sprinkled in their food, put on the beds where they sleep, and even on the floors. You can find it in farm stores, or anywhere they sell things like this. Check around and see where it is sold near you. It works and will not harm the cats.

Barb (11/17/2009)

By Virginia Pride

Cat With Fleas
A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
A wall with fleas in it.
Fleas Inside of Walls
french bulldog puppy
Treating Fleas on a Puppy
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎄