LaundryCleaning

Cause of Tiny Holes in T-shirts

Category Laundry

What type of dishwash or detergent are everyone using? The fact that it is mostly women that have this problem, tells me that it must be something that we all do and use. We do not have the same counter surfaces, but we use the same detergent that we all buy. And all of us get wet on the t-shirt at the belly button are if we wash dishes. Maybe there is something in the detergent that makes the holes. Maybe Sunlight washing detergent?

By Leana

I think mine happen when I cram shirts into a too-full dresser drawer. The fabric catches between the drawer and dresser which, I believe, causes damage then becomes apparent after stress on the fabric from future washings.

I fold my shirts in half, then in thirds top to bottom. That's where I get the holes - along the creases, after it has been caught in the drawer.

My son and his wife had this problem too. They figured out that they were washing tops with a few that had zippers (which they had left open - unzipped - when washed). Once rectified, the problem ceased.