• 2 (32 oz.) Jars Spaghetti Sauce
  • 2 (4 oz.) cans mushrooms
  • 2 lbs. ground beef
  • 1 lb. ground pork sausage
  • 1 lg. onion (chopped)
  • Ad
  • 1 lg. Bell Pepper (chopped)
  • 1 package sliced pepperoni
  • 1 (6oz) package Mostaccioli noodles*
  • 1 (6oz) package rotini noodles*
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Black Olives (optional)

*I used a scale to measure out 6 oz.

Brown sausage, beef, onion and bell pepper. Drain well. Add to spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and pepperoni. Simmer sauce for 1 hr. Meanwhile cook pasta until half done. Drain water. When sauce is ready add to noodles, mix and put in a 9x13 inch pan. Bake 25 minutes at 325 degrees F. Top will mozzarella cheese, put back in oven for approximately 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serves 8-10

By Laurie from Pahrump, NV

Laurie, Is this anything like the Cavatini Pizza Hut use to serve? They use to serve it in individual boat like casseroles (can't think of the name of them) I will be so glad to try this. Think I will use WACKY MAC pasta for it. Thanks (08/30/2006)

By WIsgal

Hi WIsgal, I don't know! I've never eaten at Pizza Hut. My sister - in - law made this for our Family Reunion out of her cookbook. I think after she topped it off with the mozzarella cheese she cooked it longer than 5 minutes because the top was brown and crunchy.

Good idea with the individual boats.. Think I'll do that next time instead of large pan. (08/31/2006)

By SweetCali40

Bowtie Pasta
Pasta Recipes