Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cedar Chips For Fleas

I have several dogs. After treating your dogs, you have to do something to discourage and kill those pesky fleas from hanging around in your yard. I buy the cedar chips and sprinkle it all over the yard, especially on the dogs' trails and all around the pooping spots they return to each day to relieve themselves. I do this when I mow the lawn.

The cedar smell is faint, and disappears in 1 or 2 days. I like it! The lawn mower mulches up the cedar chips to dust, and it disappears into the grass. Fleas, bugs, etc. either die or go the other way. It's a great deterrent for fleas. Cedar chests were built for a reason in the old days, to keep bugs away from quilts during storage. It works great. I have been doing this for years, and my home and yard are flea free. I have 7 dogs.

By Mona A. from AL/GA Stateline

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Gloria [5]08/18/2012

Yes! I used to buy this stuff, Cedarcide, at Walmart. But cant find it anymore. It repels a lot of pests. Where do you find it?

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.