Cedar Chips For Fleas

I have several dogs. After treating your dogs, you have to do something to discourage and kill those pesky fleas from hanging around in your yard. I buy the cedar chips and sprinkle it all over the yard, especially on the dogs' trails and all around the pooping spots they return to each day to relieve themselves. I do this when I mow the lawn.

The cedar smell is faint, and disappears in 1 or 2 days. I like it! The lawn mower mulches up the cedar chips to dust, and it disappears into the grass. Fleas, bugs, etc. either die or go the other way. It's a great deterrent for fleas. Cedar chests were built for a reason in the old days, to keep bugs away from quilts during storage. It works great. I have been doing this for years, and my home and yard are flea free. I have 7 dogs.

By Mona A. from AL/GA Stateline

Yes! I used to buy this stuff, Cedarcide, at Walmart. But cant find it anymore. It repels a lot of pests. Where do you find it?

Comment

Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas
Pets FleasAugust 15, 2012
Cedar Chest
Removing Mothball Odor From a Cedar Chest
bowl of pita chips
Homemade Pita Chips Recipes
Close up of a lock on a cedar chest.
Restoring a Cedar Chest
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 5, 2016 at 10:07:33 PM on 10.0.2.22 in 747 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.