Ceiling Fan for Getting Rid of Mold

How to get rid of mold on your ceiling? In my case, it came with heavy rains, which a lot of people are experiencing. I'm going to use a round hole saw and make an opening where I will mount what is called a muffin fan.

They look like the fans in desktop computers, only larger (almost 5 inches across) and higher speed. I found some on evilbay for about $14. The listing will say something like: 120mm X 38mm Cooling Muffin Fan 115 V AC 110 CFM (cubic feet per minute). That's a lot of air.

Mounting a big propeller-like ceiling fan will do nothing if you have something serious going on above the ceiling. It needs lots of ventilation which will dry out the mold. You can even spray Lysol into the fan once a day, but take it easy. There's a little more to the story, but there are the basics. It might help some desperate soul.

The mold issue may actually indicate a problem in the attic. Attics need constant air flow from the eave up thro an opening near the ridge.

Mold on Walls
Removing Mold from Painted Walls and Ceiling
Home and Garden Cleaning MoldJune 24, 2015
Photo of a ceiling fan.
Cleaning a Ceiling Fan
Black mold on a bathroom ceiling.
How Do I Remove Black Mold on the Ceiling?
Refurbished a Ceiling Fan
Refurbishing a Ceiling Fan
Ceiling Fan
Repairing a Wobbly Ceiling Fan
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 4:17:59 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.