Central Air Conditioner Reviews

Central Air Conditioner
Purchasing and installing a central air conditioner is an expensive home improvement decision. You will want to research products before buying to ensure that you get the best unit for your home. This is a guide about central air conditioner reviews.

My husband and I are in the market for a new heat pump/air conditioner unit (central unit). We have four estimates and they are all for different brands: Lennox, Trane, Carrier, and American Standard. I can't find any worthwhile reviews online, so I thought I'd ask the fine readers of ThriftyFun if you have any reviews or suggestions from your own air conditioner experience. Any reviews are greatly appreciated! Thanks .

By Kathy from SD

Carrier Brand is an excellent choice. We have a central unit and are considering adding a large air conditioner unit to our central heating/air system because the heat pump/compressor is used constant and the compressor only has a year's guarantee and costs $1.000. to replace. It will give a rest to the heat pump/compressor for a few months out of the year by doing this. I was told the heat pump is good for about ten years wear.

There was a trane here when we bought the house and it lasted MANY years so we replaced it with a new trane. The first one was still working but the metal was rusting and it wasn't energy efficient. It just wouldn't lay down and die!

We have a Trane that is made by American Standard. ( I know because my husband worked for Amer. Std) We have had it a LOT of years now and have never had one problem with it. We did a lot of checking around before we bought this one and this was the best one we thought out of all of them. Good luck on your decision.

We had a Lennox for over forty years which still passed the Gas Company checkups, but I was concerned about potential problems. I had a few estimates and chose the Lennox because of my past experience. I had to have the old asbestos pipes removed which was a separate expense. Otherwise, the prices were close but very expensive. I have found my utility bills are much lower. Check out about efficiency rebates. Good, reliable installation is very important. So far so good.