Chalk Line for Ants

If you have ants coming into your house, make a chalk line. They won't cross it, it sticks to their feet.

By Tonya Vest

Chalk Line for Ants

I don't know what kind of ants you are talking about, but I tried it here and they all crossed the lines, no matter where they were. Good luck with it if you use it, I wish you better success than I had! LOL.

Use chalk to outline the doorway and entry areas around your house where ants can get in and they won't go near it they don't like the feel of it on their feet!

By Julie

Chalk Line for Ants

I've tried all kinds of white chalks, from the cheapest brand to the expensive school grade stuff. It doesn't work completely. If you leave a pile of chalk dust it'll work for a while but eventually they'll get through.

I know it's not just the ants in Texas (stubborn things) the ants in California do the same thing. (07/11/2007)

By Remm

Chalk Line for Ants

I've heard this before and seen it in action, but why does it work? (10/15/2008)

By Megan

Chalk Line for Ants

The reason it repels ants is because the chalk contains calcium carbonate and ants do not like it. (10/24/2008)

Chalk Line for Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants