Browsing: Dealing With a Verbally Abusive Spouse

Changing Terms of a Divorce

My husband and I have been together for 19 years and married for 13. We have two sons ages 16 and 9. They are the most wonderful things in my life! My husband and I have our share of problems which go back for years. When we argue my husband makes our 16 year old come in the room and listen and watch everything. He puts me down and calls me names in front of my kids. I feel so degraded, so awful about myself, with no self esteem left.

Well this year my husband gives me an ultimatum, either sign divorce papers or I have to get out of the house knowing I have nowhere to go. So I signed the papers. All I get is my car and joint custody with child support. He decided how much to pay and could very well be paying more.

Well we're divorced now and still live together for the time being. My question is can I go and change some things on the divorce papers since I was forced into signing them in the first place?

By Be

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Both of you should have had attorneys and had a meeting including the attorneys to divide things up. He can't just decide what is what. Also the amount of child support should be determined at that meeting or in court. Instead of staying in the house take your sons and go to an abused women's shelter. Did your husband have an attorney or did he find some papers online and print them out?

Get to an attorney or a legal aid office now! Don't listen to another word this guy says and Do not tell him what you are planning to do. Take all your paperwork with you. It might be a good idea to talk to the police dept. about getting an article of protection against this guy, because to me he sounds abusive. Stop signing papers he shoves in front of you, think of your kids, stand up for them and yourself! You can do it! A local women's center can help you and direct you to some good legal advice. Good Luck.

This doesn't make sense. Did you read the so called divorce papers you signed? Have these divorce papers been recording in the county in which you live? Are you even sure you're divorced. I don't think you can believe anything he says. Furthermore, he can't set the amount of child support; that's determined by his income.

You stated he said sign the divorce papers or get out of the house. That too, doesn't make sense. My Daughter just recently divorced and while in that marriage she knew nothing about the finances, bills, debts, etc. He kept it all from her and she didn't push the issue. In the divorce she probably lost a lot because all she now knows about is the debt and now he appears to have had money hid from her. Little too late it appears. I hope to goodness you're not in that situation.

When you allow him to humiliate you in front of your kids, what you're doing is teaching your son how to treat women. Do you want that for your son? Take my advice, been there, done that. It's not too late. You are a doormat and your husband doesn't respect you. Respect yourself or your kids won't respect you either.

You need to see an attorney for several issues. You need to know if the divorce was legal (properly drawn up and filed) If not you get a chance to start over and do it right. When it comes to custody; in my view your husband bringing the children in to witness arguments is child abuse. The courts may or may not see it that way. But you need to find out.

It needs to be recorded for future reference. This man sounds like a loose cannon. And certainly not a fit father. Perhaps he will lose a little bully and bluster when facing someone other than a terrified woman. What a man! Get into the court system where you have some protection. In most divorces with underage children the woman gets the house, and Dad moves out.

'After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealers@gmail.com you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS'

These comments you see on the internet about DR ONOFE are not just comments, they are truthful words of experience written by those who have been there and found help in reuniting with the ones they hold dear to their heart and other marital and financial problems. I can tell you this because I also asked him for help to cast a love spell to fix my relationship with the only man I have ever loved. we got married but couldn't have a baby and then I discovered my womb was damaged. I had to try some spell casters but to no avail until I contacted DR ONOFE. HE restored my womb and just like that i got pregnant,i have given birth now and our baby is growing. Thank God for our lives and also to DR ONOFE who God has used to blessed us. I know that not everybody will believe this moreover its just something on the internet but my heart knows every of this word that formed this entire comment is true. his contact is: onofetemple@yahoo.com or onofetemple@gmail.com website:http://onofetemple.wix.com/http

Verbally Abusive Spouse
Dealing With a Verbally Abusive Spouse
Business and Legal Legal DivorceAugust 30, 2013
Wiper Blades on White Background
Changing Windshield Wiper Blades
Visitation Rights
Visitation Rights After Divorce - Questions and Answers
Torn Photo of Happy Couple
Divorce Tips
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 11:09:46 PM on 10.0.2.26 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.