Changing the Batteries on a Swiffer Wet Jet

You are not alone if you have been frustrated when trying to change the batteries in your Swiffer Wet Jet. This is a guide about changing the batteries on a Swiffer Wet Jet.

November 11, 2016 Flag

I can't find the batteries in my Swiffer. Can you help?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The swiffer wet jet? Its in the handle behind where the solution goes. You have to turn it upside down and get the solution container off first, then you should see the compartment

June 19, 2016 Flag

I can't find the battery compartment on my Swiffer Wet Jet. It doesn't look at all like the directions.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Did you ever find out? I can't find it either

I am unable to find the batteries on my Swiffer Wet Jet. Please help

Look in the closet or wherever you keep your swifter. The battery compartment may have fallen off. On the swifter I had, you couldn't tell anything was missing.

October 5, 2015 Flag

How do I change the battery on my WetJet?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Turn it upside down, and remove the solution container. Its under there on the handle part.

Remove the cleaner and then pull off the battery tab. Replace the battery and put in the cleaner and test.

April 21, 2009 Flag

How do I change the batteries on the Swiffer Wet Jet?

By moesmad from Hummelstown, PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Did you see the write up on Swift jet cleaner making pets and children sick?

Stop! Your battery compartment has probably fallen off! Check the bottom of your closet first, before trying to pry out a battery that is not there. Another web site gave me the heads up on this, and sure enough after trying to pry the battery compartment off, I realized it was sitting in the bottom of the closet! A very common problem!

I have a Swift jet and not only are the batteries easy to change but it is a great product.

Thank you to whoever wrote this. I thought i was going crazy!!

Mine did the same thing. Batteries were on the floor.

February 18, 2015 Flag

Can anyone tell me how to change the batteries on the old style Swiffer WetJet? It is green, but not with the big bottle holder attached. You can push the purple button to release the bottle, but the green "switch" underneath that does not move. :-/

By J.B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 28, 2014 Flag

I have an older Wetjet and don't know how to change the batteries. They're at the bottom of the Swiffer WetJet.

By Carol

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 22, 2013 Flag

I have a Swiffer Wet jet and want to know where and how to change the batteries?

By John

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 21, 2009 Flag

How do I open the battery compartment on a Swiffer Wet Jet?

eelane from Weatherford, TX

Answers:

How To Open The Wet Jet Battery Compartment

Right below the gray thumb size thingy is a lever, just push down on it and it flips open. Might take a little pressure. Don't give up. (07/12/2007)

By ruthvalleygal

The battery compartment is faulty and very frustrating. I took someone's advice and pushed on the compartment below the gray thumb thingy and it broke. Surely with such a neat idea they could come up with a battery compartment that is not designed faulty. I don't think I will buy another. (06/19/2008)

By Wanda

I read the other complaints about the compartment and proceeded to destroy mine, too, trying to open what I thought was the battery compartment. I unscrewed everything, and finally ended up using a BIG screwdriver to pry the thing apart into many little pieces. I was amazed to find no batteries anywhere. On the way down to the garage to throw the darn thing out, I saw 4 batteries and a plastic case laying on the ground. It's so easy to remove that it removed itself! The trick to it? There is a little green tab. You might want to insert a flat screwdriver into the slot above to push down gently. (12/22/2008)

By EdgeWalker

It is simple when you know what to push. It is just under the bottle where the letters CE are, there is a green tab, push it down and the cover comes out with four batteries in it ,you will need a screwdriver to wedge the batteries out. Good Luck. It would be nice if they labeled it properly. (02/14/2009)

By hoodsie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsMay 19, 2014
WetJet Package
Unclogging a Swiffer Wet Jet
Swiffer Wet Jet
Replacing the Bottle on a Swiffer Wet Jet
Recycling Car Batteries, old battery
Recycling Car Batteries
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 31, 2017 at 11:18:10 AM on 10.0.2.253 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.