Changing the Color of Roman Blinds

Roman Blinds
Rather than buying new Roman shades which can be quite expensive, perhaps changing the color will suit your decorating needs. This is a guide about changing the color of Roman blinds.

I recently put up some Roman blinds, at great cost. But, the colour is not quite right. Can I spray them to change the colour?

Thank you for any help.

By Mia from London, UK

Answers

I wouldn't try it. I think the color would not be consistent and it might wear off as you go.

Are they fabric? You could remove them and the battens too and dye them but you would have to make sure that they are of a fabric that would not shrink. You might also have to re-thread the cords.

It might be easier to paint the walls(s) they are against to something that ties the blinds in with everything else.

I made my shades as insulated shades (roman) with rivets on top to attach to mounting boards, and covers to change with the seasonal color changes. The covers attach under the folds of shades with clear buttons.

I'm after some sort of paint that I can use to change the colour of my Roman blinds. They are fairly new so I don't want to buy more. They are made in a quality Laura Ashley material and cost a small fortune.

By Donna