Changing the Color of Tile Grout

The tile in my kitchen is light grey and not very old, however, I hate the dark grey grout that was used. My kitchen cabinets are white and I would like to make the grout white at least a lighter grey.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this inexpensively?

TIA!
Cookiepom

Answers:

Changing the Color of Tile Grout

I had a dark grey grout color and changed it w/ a grout colorant you can get at Home Depot. They have several colors to pick from and it will be next to the tiles and grout. It did a great job on mine and I put mine on with a foam paint brush. I waited til it dryed enough for a "skim coat" to appear on the tile, then scraped the excess away with a razor blade. It went quickly when I waited long enough for the skim coat to show up on the tile. (09/22/2005)

By lindaokc

Changing the Color of Tile Grout

I had the same problem with my kitchen floor grout. so I deceided to try paint. I used emanamal paint, and it worked just fine, and has lasted several years. so it should work on wall tile as well, and last forever and clean up fine. (09/23/2005)

By karen.

Changing the Color of Tile Grout

I can't recommend anything but I can tell you about my bad experience. We have dark gray grout with pink tile in our bathroom. I went to the tile store and bought white "grout paint" The cashier assured me that it would work beautifully. Well, we have those tiny little tiles that were so popular durning the 60's. It was an extreamly tedious job and it took 3 coats of the stuff to cover the gray. When I was fininshed with hours of work it really didn't look all that good. And, in some spots it has already begain to wear off. As much as I hated the gray grout I wish I'd just left it alone. If you decide to try this stuff, do it in an area that you can cover if you don't like it! (09/23/2005)

By

Changing the Color of Tile Grout

You can remove the grout and replace it with white grout. A grout saw and some grout are not expensive at all. This is a very time-consuming and labor-intensive task, however. Not for the faint of heart. (09/23/2005)

By Jen

Changing the Color of Tile Grout
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
installing tile
Removing Grout From Tiles
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
🎉
🎄