Cheap Shower Caps for Food Covers

You know those elasticized plastic covers that you can buy for covering bowls in the refrigerator? I just found that my favorite dollar store sells eight shower caps for--yes--one dollar! They fit the top of the largest container, and they are also the ideal covering for a cut watermelon. Both sturdy and washable, they also come in a variety of designer pastel colors (-: I don't know how much those other covers cost, but I'll bet you can't get eight for a dollar.

Sharon

Answers:

Shower-Cap Food Covers

Show-caps are NOT made of food appropriate plastic and should NOT be used on food products. The FDA allows only certain materials to be used in and around food. There could be a film on the caps or it may release odors that would contaminate any food in contact with the shower cap. (08/09/2004)

By Cheryl from Missouri

Shower-Cap Food Covers

Hi Cheryl,
Thanks for the feedback. Darn it! I thought it was such a great idea. . . Sharon (08/11/2004)

By ricnsharon

Shower-Cap Food Covers

I have used them for years and years. Just wash them good in hot soapy water first . Nearly everything we touch in this world can be bad for us if we don't use good sense!! (09/07/2004)

By lorac456

Cheap Shower Caps for Food Covers

o need to buy those expensive plastic food covers, Most dollar stores sell disposable shower caps. You can get like a dozen of them for a buck. These are SO very handy. HUGE savings.

By Kimberly Birdsall (06/27/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Cheap Shower Caps for Food Covers

Cool - I'm going to use them for my self-cleaning litterbox. The brand-name bags cost a lot - and these will work just fine! (12/09/2005)

By cheap chick

Cheap Shower Caps for Food Covers

I have been looking for those shower cap-like plastic covers for years now. I remember them from when I was a kid. The disposable ones that are sold in the grocery stores are way too expensive and one throws them away. The ones my mother had were reusable. Does anyone know where I can buy them?

Thanks. (01/02/2006)

By Elizabeth

Cheap Shower Caps for Food Covers

Thank you, thank you! I bought the plastic covers at Walmart for a time then suddenly they were gone, (discontinued I guess, No one seems to know) I don't remember who made them. I cannot find them in the grocery stores. Your solution is a good one. (05/03/2006)

By JoAnne Wray

Cheap Shower Caps for Food Covers

They also make good covers for Leather Bicycle saddles! Sure beats the $10-20.00 price tag for a cover made flor the purpose and works as well! At 8 for a $, I can buy a whole lot of them! (05/07/2007)

By Tom Stormcrowe

Cheap Shower Caps for Food Covers

By Tom Stormcrowe

Cheap Shower Caps for Food Covers

I thought I was the only one searching for these silly wonderful time savers. Why did they stop making them? I went to Australia & found some made by BAYSIKS (9 for $2) & I brought home 6 packs & am ready to find more. (10/16/2007)

By Toni from Chicago.

Uses for Shower Caps
Uses for Shower Caps
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🎄