Cheap Shower Caps for Food Covers

Instead of buying the expensive elasticized bowl covers that are so handy, go to the dollar store and buy the shower caps. You get 10 to 12 of these in a package so it makes them very economical. I use them over and over. I rinse them and dry them over a container. After several uses, I just toss.

By Elaine from Belle Plaine, Iowa

Answers:

Cheap Shower Caps for Food Covers

Personally, I would not use any non-food grade plastic with food. That's probably why they're so cheap. (10/17/2007)

By Maryeileen

Cheap Shower Caps for Food Covers

I think this is one of the "best" ideas ever and it so makes sense. Thanks for sharing. Also, when we went and stayed in motels when on vacation, there was always a couple shower caps in the bathroom in a sealed package. Makes me glad I took them home with me. :) (10/17/2007)

By teatimelady

Cheap Shower Caps for Food Covers

Food safe plastic will have one of these numbers stamped into it. If it does not have a number, do not use.
Here is an internet site that can help explain about nasty plastic leaching.

http://www.checnet.org/healtheHouse/education/quicklist-detail.asp?Main_ID=353 (10/18/2007)

By cookwie

Cheap Shower Caps for Food Covers

I'm not too worried about the plastic chemicals leeching out and getting into my food. Geez, there are so many other food dangers in this world to be concerned with. It's just a cover-- I'm not gonna eat the darned thing.

Great Idea! (03/29/2008)

By Steve

Cheap Shower Caps for Food Covers

Does anyone know where I can buy shower caps made of a food grade plastic,preferably something durable that I can wash and reuse. I love these things and would like to be able to use them safely on my food. Whatever you can tell me , would be appreciated (08/19/2008)

By gearforears